“Great vegan sushi”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Korean
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

We had limited time before our flight and stumbled upon this place and how lucky we were. We got a vegan menu immediately and our drinks came quickly. We ordered the veggie lover 1 and 2 (pictured) and also the veggie tempura. This is the first time I've had vegan sushi so I have no comparison. All I can really say was that it was excellent and I had no complaints. The food came quickly and the service from the cute waitress with the tats was really good

Reviewed 30 May 2017

Nipped into the place while looking for something quick to eat after my flight and before checking into the Hyatt, which is just across the street. Low key, casual atmosphere. Super friendly staff and great good. I ate in, but several people popped in to grab sushi to take away - they had remade sushi or made to order. My only criticism is that they only use plastic trays, which is't great for the environment. Everything goes in the garbage when you are finished.

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

We stopped here because of a free sample served outside. Not an extensive menu, but something for everyone's sushi taste. The prices were very reasonable, and the server was attentive. If absolutely so he again on my next trip.

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Wandered down from my hotel and found this gem. A server was offering free samples outside. The sample was more than enough to draw me in. Delicious sushi at a great price for downtown. The employees were all friendly and attentive. Try the sushi pizza!

Reviewed 14 April 2017

The fellow handing out their samples won me over with the tasty dragon roll. I went in for dinner and had the bento box. The price was very reasonable and the california sushi roll was fresh and yummy. I did find the karage chicken and gyoza slightly over cooked which made them a little on the dry side - hence only the 4 stars. The miso soup and salad were good. The table next to me had a large platter of sushi that looked delicious, next time I'll skip the box and just go for the sushi. Bonus that they have a liquor license, a glass of merlot paired nicely with my dinner.

The restaurant itself is casual with a limited number of dine in tables. The staff are friendly and efficient and overall it was a good choice for a sushi dinner.