“Cool - But Accessible”

Price range: US$25 - US$101
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: "Food shines at this modern bistro" Amy Pataki, The Toronto Star "The dishes we tried were at that addictively gorgeous level" James Chatto, Toronto Life "The cooking is careful and the service is expert" Joanne Kates, The Globe and Mail
Reviewed 14 August 2015

Cool and very relaxed vibe, we stopped by for drinks and were pleasantly surprised by the (extended) happy hour prices and welcoming (very) friendly staff.

Reviewed 5 August 2015

My friend and I decided to try out Trevor Kitchen and Bar for Summerlicious. We were really excited because we love Summerlicious and the menu looked really great. When we first got there, the waiter that seated us told us that we could only sit for 2 hours, which we totally understood and have experienced in the past for Summerlicious. However, there is a way to tell customers about the 2 hour seating limit without being rude, and telling us that "we had to be out of there by this time" kind of rubbed us the wrong way. We ordered within 5 minutes of sitting down to make sure that we didn't go over our very strict seating limit. Our appetizers came out in reasonable time and were tasty. However, it took our entrees 50 minutes to come out after we had finished our appetizers, which even for Summerlicious is a bit ridiculous. It came to a point where we had to flag down a server and ask if we had been totally forgotten. After we got that situation dealt with, our desserts came out fairly quickly (presumably because they knew we were not pleased), but unfortunately they were not what we had ordered. In addition, every other table was given some cotton candy (which is a really nice touch and something we were excited for), except for us. Finally, our server only addressed us twice, once when we ordered and once when we paid. We were never asked how we were doing, if we wanted another drink (which we definitely needed), which, in my opinion, is not acceptable at a restaurant. It should also be noted that there were only 4 tables seated while we were there, so the restaurant was not busy at all. Now if one of these things had happened, it would not have been a big deal at all, but it was all of them together plus the horrible customer service that really made this experience unpleasant for us.

1  Thank Lauren R
Reviewed 31 July 2015

This is an amazing restaurant. My wife and I had a table for two on Tuesday. We arrived at 5pm and it was nice to be treated with warmth. Our waiter was very efficient and detailed. He knew the menu and offered suggestions for us.

The food....AMAZING!!!!!! Trevor certainly has trained his staff to cook the right way.

This is our second visit to this piece of heaven. We look forward to coming back.

It was nice to see Trevor around the restaurant bringing out dishes while hosting his own family. You know your plate is fresh if this happens.

Reviewed 27 July 2015

Great friendly service. Quiet comfortable atmosphere.

Best fusion of flavours I have ever had. I had the beef ribs (tender off the bone) on a shrimp ravioli with carrots, rice peas, all covered together with a mild curry sauce. First I thought, how could anyone make this this strange combination work. Well the chef here did it here. Every bite was ecstasy. Go to Trevor's and try something different, you will be surprised.

Reviewed 25 July 2015

I went to Trevor's with my friends from work for their Summerlicious dinner and was very delighted with my meal. I had the Rock Shrimp Tempura for starters which was delicious. Then I followed it with Maple Apple Brined Pork Chop which was also delicious and then a decadent Dark Chocolate Caramel Torte with Peanut Butter. The service was very good. The waiter went through the menu with us to explain the dishes we were interested in and was very helpful. My friends also enjoyed their food. We had a great time. Then the waiter brought us some cotton candy which we also enjoyed. I would definitely recommend this place. We will be back for sure! It was $35 plus tax and I had a beer so $50 altogether with tip.