“Very good food, and quick service!”
Review of Stelvio

Stelvio
Ranked #5 of 9,074 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighbourhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Neighbourhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is an awesome place to eat if you are looking for authentic Italian food. Service was really quick, and food was excellent!

1  Thank FLYGUY5353

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Restaurant:
Lovely little place, a real gem!
If your looking for genuine high quality northern Italian cuisine with a very good wine list. Then this is the place to head,
Be warned it's a tiny restaurant though, so you need to book in advance. and due to its popularity, tables are pushed quite close to together.

Staff:
Knowledgeable and passionate about their food, if in doubt, ask them, they can describe the ingredients & cooking process in detail (and with passion).
Traditional Italian meats, breads and olives were lovely.

Food:
I ordered the special Wild boar for main course, it was delicious, & I could have ordered it again if I didn't skip desert,
However, I must say, the portions are quite small,But at the end of the day, when you dine here, it's all about quality and not quantity.

Summary:
I would definitely return next time i'm in town.

2  Thank mattitouk33
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Authentic Italian food, were you will not find chicken pasta dishes - why? Because that’s not how they do it in Northern Italy.

What you will find are wonderfully prepared, served and tasting food. We had the some off the menu dishes containing wild boar and it was to die for, they also had venison which we did not try.

The Ragu and the Beef Stew with Polenta also delicious. The Gnocchi was very authentic.

Dish sizes were a little disappointing but the taste overshadowed that.

Gracious.

2  Thank Garry S
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Looking for great Italian food is something I've been doing since I moved to Toronto from Milan two years ago. And Stelvio is so far one of the best ones! The quality of food and wine is high-standard and the taste is authentic and delicious! On top of that, the service is great and willing to give detailed info of the Italian products they offer! I'll definitely go back soon!

1  Thank Simone M
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Being Italian, I'm very picky about restaurants outside my country but I had to go to Stelvio where the specialties are from the same region I am from. It was a great choice! It was such a surprise finding delicious food and wine that reminded me of Italy! I highly recommend "bresaola" as an appetizer and "risotto alla monzese", "risotto con ossobuco" or "pizzocheri" as main dish!!

1  Thank Alice P