“Not a bad experience”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: North York
Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed our meals. The reception was not wow though. Overall I would say my primary aim of visit was met though there is ample room and need for improvement.

Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

I give 3 starts cuz the sunrise where I went the girl have problems remembering orders all ways mess up my order and I can see other ppl too ... First time I went I ask her what type of meat she have beside fry chicken she change conversation and take someone els order I ask her for dumplings and plantains she forgot the plantains .. This time I went she didn't have plantains and I ask for dumplings and she forgot the dumplings ... In general the food is good but this location so far service sucks ...

3  Thank Michelle P
Reviewed 22 April 2016

This mid size chain is growning but I find the food a little band.The jerks are not spicy enough and the meat quality is a little short as they try to battle rising cost.

Reviewed 14 May 2015

I ordered on their site around 4:00pm through an ordering service that they use. It asks to specify a time you want the food delivered. I specified 7pm, as that was when the guests were arriving. At 6:00, the delivery person arrived and apologized profusely for not noticing the time on the order. The food sat on the counter for an hour and was lukewarm by the time we ate. I suppose it would have been much better if it were served fresh and hot but it wasn't awful. I must say the dumplings were very tasty, like donuts. I might give them another chance as they're the only Caribbean restaurant that delivers in our area.

Reviewed 21 September 2014

I ate here many times over the past couple months. Food is decent most times, however the portions are not.

If you order Ackee & salt fish, you get less than a quarter cup of Ackee for 7$ something. The dish is mostly dumplin', boiled banana and a miniscule piece of Jamaican potato.

After the first time having breakfast there, I ordered double order of Ackee & salt fish, paid for it, left, got home to eat it only to discover that it was just one tinly portion of Ackee & saltifsih in the box. Almost 12$ for pure dumpling and a bare taste of Ackee.

Disappointing to say the least.

I go back the next Sunday an mention the lack of double Ackee in my last paid for meal and the cashier asks me I I want the double Ackee again. I say yes and she goes to charge for it. I explain to her that I did not get the double Ackee last time and that I don't want to pay for it again if I am not gonna get it.

She is totally buffled and tells me that if I want the double Ackee I must mention it to the person that dishes it out. Really ? There is a receipt that they read from so there should be no confusion.

Still somehow I manage to get back my double Ackee from the week before, that I paid for it.

Today I go there for lunch order a piece of kingfish and a fried dumpling. 7$ the older lady who usually dishes out the food gives me a piece of kingfish and 2 half sliced onion with a sliver of a carrot. I ask her to put on some more onion and carrot on it and she says it's extra. I say what ? Usually some onion and carrot come with kingfish. She says no that's extra.

So she can keep her 10/20 cent extra onion and carrot but she just lost a regular customer.

2  Thank BeeOneLove