“Cuba in Toronto”

Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: East End
Description: Mambo Lounge, a delightful place for Cuban music, food and Mojito lovers.Traditional dishes are well matched with contemporary cuisine in a succulent menu that combines an excellent variety of options. Not only does our well combined and tasteful cooking style make people return, but also our intimate and cozy atmosphere and splendid music attract those who come to Mambo Lounge. Basking in the warm summer breeze on our casual patio, you can enjoy either a chilled beer or glass of wine. And moreover, our staff will provide you with a professional and friendly service, turning your stay in a priceless experience.
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

I first saw the Mambo while waiting in line to get to a concert at the Danforth music Hall. I already ate before getting there and had no time after the concert (needed to return to Greyhound to catch my bus) but promised myself to visit it on my next trip to Toronto

I was in Toronto on Wednesday (21rst of June) and got there around 5:30pm. Saddly, the restaurant was empty, I was alone with the staff.

I took a tropical salad which was delicious and completed by a tapas plate which was also excellent! Fries were sprinkled with spices which I feel I should have been notified of, but othewise everything was good.

Nice Cuban music in the background, pictures of Cuba on the walls, a nice mojito, you feel like you are in Cuba...but you are in Toronto!

Reviewed 1 March 2017

I had a super time celebrating my birthday with family and friends at this restaurant. We loved the food, the live entertainment and the customer service. The location and venue are great and the staff exceptional. it's definitely a place I would recommend :)

Reviewed 14 February 2017

My partner and I almost always suggest Mambo Lounge on the Danforth for special events, whether it is guests from out of town, a birthday or family event or even a date night. This past December, I held my Xmas staff party here for 14 people and not only was the food, drink and service spectacular, they had a wonderful performer singing, dancing and passing the maracas around. which really amped up the fun factor. Everyone had a fantastic time and said they definitely would return. We recently returned for a date night and were wowed as usual with the entire experience.

Whether you are in the mood for something light like a few delicious tapas and a mojito (or my favourite drink, the "El Presidente"), or want an entree like the filet mignon or seared tuna, you will not be disappointed. Everything is prepared lovingly and if you have room for dessert, the caramel flan is one of the best I've tasted. The warmth and friendliness of the staff will keep you returning to that little taste of Cuba on the Danforth.

1  Thank BrianJPhillips
Reviewed 19 December 2016

Mambo features Cuban food and drinks in a cosy spot on the Danforth. We were there for lunch during a dramatic snow storm last week. The food was good, if a little too salty.

1  Thank familyltravel
Reviewed 16 December 2016 via mobile

I LOVE this place! No matter how bad or stressful your day is, it always gets better when you come here. I always start with a mojito, which are the best I have had & much better than the ones in Cuba. ( probably due to the generous amount of fresh mint )
The atmosphere is warm and welcoming ( as are the staff, including the owner who always greets his customers). The food is delicious and you will find true Cuban food, including ropa vieja, yuca, congri, Cuban style chicken, duck & lamb. If you have room they also have yummy desserts.
If you go on Friday or Saturday nights you will really be transported to Cuba with the live music. Depending on the crowd, sometimes customers join in with the music or start dancing!
A great night out!