“Nothing Irish but the name”

Pogue Mahone Pub & Kitchen
Ranked #3,712 of 8,856 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 17 September 2017

Only visited for a beer so don't want to be too harsh, perhaps the food is awesome and I got them on a bad evening. With such a cliche name for an Irish Bar, I might have expected that it might be a poor offering and it was. Nice terrace outside but inside was almost empty on a saturday evening and staff seemed really disinterested. Looks like they spent a lot of money on a renovation and the place does look well, its just that it has no heart and possibly trying to cover too many bases

Reviewed 7 September 2017

After being passed over for jury duty and given a 3-year pass, I decided a celebration was in order. Toasted the court staff with a Stone Delicious IPA (IBR 75) and a Thai curry. The two complemented each other, but the beer was a little too "hoppy" for my taste. Have made a pledge to keep the IBR <50. Recently renovated, I thought I was in the wrong pub until the pleasant server confirmed the changes. I will return the next time I am downtown.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Went here for a work lunch. The restaurant has undergone some renovations and changes to staff. While the ambiance was nice, the wait time was not. Two orders were completely forgotten in our group of 16, but fortunately there were plenty of appetizers. While I found the menu limited, I expected those ordered select items to be top drawer. We ordered the calamari, chicken wings, edamame, sweet potato fries and the P&K dip. I found the wings, dip and fries to be tasty but was not satisfied with the Zen bowl (taste) or the P&K dip. No one had alcohol so I can't comment on that. I may be back to see if they have worked out their newbie jitters, but at present, the value to price is not to my taste.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

I love this place, I work in the building, I've literally been over a hundred times. It recently had a face lift and it looks awesome. The drink deals are great, they have rotating craft taps which are really ahead of the curve. The food is great, good solid pub fare.

The issue for years, has been the service and continues to be the slowest service. I'll be back again, but honestly, the only reason myself and my work colleagues continue to explore other options is the service.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

You know the saying... when a woman says something is fine... well... it's not :)

Yes, I could have said it was ok but it's really not even that.

The combination of bad service, terrible food (super soggy lettuce in the PP salad and burnt toast on the club sandwhich, which only came with two pieces of bread so can't be a "club") and warm white wine (in the Summer!!! on the patio!!!) can receive a ranking of "ok".

For reader clarification (and TripAdvisor rankings), OK=poor, FINE=terrible ;)