“Horrible customer service”

Cuisines: Pakistani
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: East End
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We are a couple who went to enjoy a nice lunch. Surprising on our table the previous customer left a handwritten note on the napkin ‘a warm smile is the universal language of kindness’
We really never understood the reason why that customer left that note until we were faced with a horrible experience with one of their Lady Waiters barely five minutes of us occupying the table.

We were seated by the host who gave us one menu. I asked for another menu and the lady staff questioned why didn’t I ask for a second menu I replied the Host who seated us should’ve known better to give us two menus. Just because she had to get us another menu she was pissed off and gave me the worst looks ever. We decided to leave when we saw the Lady Waiter’s rude attitude. Before leaving I let her know that it was her attitude that put us off from eating there. I said you need to get training to build customer service skills. She replied to me F...OFF. Then I said maybe because of your attitude you will never have a successful career and we walked out. This experience made us feel horrible and we will never return ever again. The rude customer service will jeopardize the business of this restaurant. Also when pouring us water the jug was filthy so maybe the rude waitress’s behaviour was a sign for us not to eat there because of improper hygiene we may have got very sick. We considered it a blessing that we didn’t eat there.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

- we travel 30-40 minutes just to eat here despite the recent increase in prices
- definitely not the cheapest spot for Pakistani food but the food speaks for itself
- beef biryani, butter chicken, lamb Karahi and 4 pieces of naan was approximately $70 (tax and tip included) - can definitely get cheaper all around toronto but prefer the quality of the food here by far
- service is always fast and staff are helpful and friendly

Hiba T, Public Relations Manager at Lahore Tikka House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

We're glad you enjoyed the experience and look forward to hosting you again, soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Went with a family member to this restaurant and was very disappointed. Lovely on the outside , disappointed on the inside. Small parking lot.

Food : sub par. Everyone around me got their butter chicken before me even though I ordered before most people. Had to wait 20 mins for my butter chicken and it was cold on the inside!

The price was over priced $61 for butter chicken. Fish. 4 Samosa. Rice and 2 desserts. $15.99+ tax for just the butter chicken. Rice had to be ordered seperately(5.99). Naan seperate(2.89).

Desserts were small. The gulab jaman was delicious. The rice pudding was not good.

Samosa was also hot on outside luke warm on the inside but still delicious .

Garlic naan was dry. Not tasty.

Utensils were plastic!!. Plastic small drinking glass also.

Dirty washroom. Sticky floors. Toilet paper over flowing the garbage.

Ordering was a bit confusing. You write your order on a dry eraser board and take it to the counter where they place the order and give you a number for your table. Guy at the counter was impatient and didnt seem to want to answer our questions about what came with the different meals. Different waiters bring your order so they need to be able to see the number on your table. As I said my butter chicken didn't come until after asking multiple times for it and watching other people enjoy theirs.

I love Indian food but I will never return to the place. Neither would I recommend it. Service and food are sub par.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We used to go at least once a month with my kids, my daughter loves the food. Great service from waiters/waitresses. Bad owner or management. I don't think an employee would dare screaming at customers over a parking issue. Honestly, only reason we stopped going there was for the bad service from owners, they sometimes tend to forget that they are not in Pakistan and here customer service counts and behaving like uneducateds will only harm the business. ALthough the place is packed now, if the rude behaviour continues it will be empty in a few years. Going on tv does not gurantee success for lifetime.

1  Thank akparv2018
Reviewed 13 March 2018

They are using just the name of Lahore to be the food icon, but their food quality is not even close to a true Lahori taste. The environment is very disorganized, floor is dirty, ugly sarees outfits on the walls for decoration. flies and honey bees spins around the food and the customers. The serving staff looks tired, not professional, with greasy hands and outfits. They serve water in cheap plastic jar and glasses that look greasy and dirt on. The place is super noisy, very uncomfortable seating, They don't show up on your table again after they served the order, you have to wave your hands countless times to get attention or go to the order taking desk, if you need to extend your order, extra napkins or crockery. All meat an vegan dishes or too greasy.

2  Thank Hashir R