All reviewshotel lotkitchen arealiving roomtwo queen bedsminute walkexcellent staystayed herefront deskvery nice hotelwalking distanceyogurtlcbocheckinpropertydetroitwaterfrontamenities
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here overnight to attend a function in Detroit. Rooms very spacious and clean. Bed was comfortable. Excellent water pressure in the shower. We had intended on visiting Caesars Casino but due to them striking we had to come up with another plan. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful and offered some other options. We ended up taking a local bus (#2222)for $10 round trip(pay in Canadian funds as it’s the same price in American!!!)which is right across the street from the hotel and it took us straight to a casino in Detroit. Just make sure to have your passport!!! We walked a couple of blocks and caught the same bus back to our hotel. The free breakfast was again excellent with plenty of fresh choices to suit everyone... Parking was $15 per night in a lot next door. Again very handy to come and go.
I have no complaints at all and would recommend this hotel!!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Patrizia L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

It was a sincere pleasure to have you as a guest during your time in Windsor!
Thank you for choosing TownePlace Suites by Marriott Windsor.
We love hearing when our guests love our location... just steps away from the Windsor bus terminal which allows for convenience to downtown Detroit, all major sporting events, concerts and conferences.
We are so happy to read you enjoyed your breakfast experience with us. Our friendly breakfast ambassadors start their day off early for our guests to ensure all baked goods, eggs, omelettes, hash browns and so much more are fresh daily.
Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott Hotels and for recommending the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Windsor.

See you again soon!!

Reviewed 2 June 2018

We decided to take a little trip to Windsor for the first time every and pick the TownePlace suites as it was near the waterfront trail and we are also Marriott members. Was a great place to stay with very helpful staff and all the kitchen amenities.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing TownePlace Suites by Marriott Windsor!

We are happy to read you enjoyed our location, just steps away to one of Windsor's best features....our gorgeous waterfront !
It is always wonderful to hear how well our associates treated our guests! I will pass along your compliments to my entire team who always go the extra mile for our valued guests.

See you again soon!!

Reviewed 26 May 2018

I was disappointed with the customer service offered by the front desk. I did not find them helpful and I felt that they were dismissive. For the price of the hotel, I would have expected the service to be a bit stronger.

The location is good - a 2 minute walk from the Greyhound station, 2 minute drive to the Detroit-Windsor tunnel, and about a 10 minute drive from the VIA (train) station. Right downtown Windsor - so very safe, but should note some sketchy (but harmless) people walking around at night.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Chauve-Souris-Voyage

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on your most recent stay at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Windsor.
It is so important to hear feedback such as yours so that we can improve on our services.
I sincerely apologize for not providing you with 'exceptional service' that we are known for.
We strive to be the number choice for travelers visiting Windsor. Thank you for helping us improve.

We look forward to the opportunity of enhancing your experience with us on your next visit.

Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2018

I stayed at this hotel for a week recently while in Windsor on business. While there were lots of good aspects of my stay, there were also a lot of areas for improvement.

The staff at the front desk were friendly and personable. My room was clean, well stocked with supplies, and was reasonably quit. From the position of my bed, I could not hear any noise from the hallway and only a small amount of noise from the street.

The bed itself was very comfortable. The bathroom was modern and clean.

There is a hot breakfast in the hotel, which was surprisingly good. There were a decent variety of items and the items available tasted good. There was also a cooler full of milks and yogurts for guests to help themselves to in the morning, which was really handy.

I noted quite a few maintenance issues in the hotel, which was surprising for a property that was recently renovated. In the room, one of the window screens was badly ripped, there was a large crack in the bathroom ceiling, and the HVAC system was very loud when the A/C compressor was running. While walking to the parking lot a small brick chip, from the exterior brick, fell off the building and landed about a foot in front of me.

My biggest frustration during my stay was the parking. While I paid for parking for the duration of my stay, there were two days that there was no parking available in the hotel lot. The first day this happened, I complained to the front desk staff. The staff member explained it was because of people parking illegally. I parked in a spot that was blocked off by maintenance staff. The next time it happened, I parked on the street and left the hotel again for a few hours. Thankfully, I had to work late that night and by the time I returned a spot was open. The last night of my stay, I decided to return to the hotel early just to park. Although the staff attributed the lack of parking to cars parked illegally, I did not see any tow trucks removing illegally parked vehicles during my stay.

There are a lot of amenities in the area around the hotel and a few good restaurants.

Tip for business travelers, book a room with a king bed as the double queen room does not have a work desk.

Room Tip: Business travelers should avoid the queen room as there is no work desk.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide a detailed review on your most recent stay at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Windsor.
It is always wonderful to hear glowing comments regarding our associates and how well they treated our guests. It is also encouraging to receive positive comments regarding our cleanliness. We share these comments with our housekeeping associates who work so hard daily keeping our hotel up to the high level of cleanliness standards we are known for. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to each of them on a job well done!

Thank you for bringing to our attention the maintenance concerns you experienced during your stay. We have met as a team and are working through these issues and have come up with a daily routine to ensure these types of situations are handled immediately. The safety of all of our guests and associates is our main priority.

We are so happy to read you enjoyed our hot breakfast, complimentary to our guests and fresh daily.

Thank you so much for helping us improve! We look forward to the opportunity of seeing you again soon!!

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed in this place and watched Santana concert. It has an easy access to almost everything because of the location. I would say the staff is very friendly and helpful. It is well kept and maintained.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tony P
Patrizia L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Thank you for choosing TownePlace Suites by Marriott Windsor ! It is always great to read when our guests enjoy our great location so close to a ton of entertainment venues, international cuisine and of course our stunning waterfront. I will be sure to pass along your awesome comments to all of our associates who always go out of there way to make our guests stay over the top fantastic.

There are so many more great concerts and events happening in Windsor in the upcoming months, please visit us again soon !

TownePlace Suites Windsor