All reviews hardwood floors the main hotel front desk staff nice room free hot breakfast fridge and microwave holland college within walking distance a great stay would definitely stay here again king bed no elevator flat screen tv coffee maker few blocks third floor breakfast room
Reviewed 18 October 2012

This was definately a unique property to stay at. This hotel is actually 3 different buildings, one being a hotel and the other 2 converted inns. We stayed at the inn on the hill portion, which had recently renovated rooms and comfy King beds. The hotel is located on the edge of downtown, but still a great location to walk to all of downtown and the waterfront. The time we were there, there was no included breakfast available. We found a Tim Horton's a few blocks from there that was excellent and cheap. Once you visited the area you will understand how hard it is to find a inexpensive place to eat. My only complaints about the hotel are:
1. There are no ice machines in any buildings, to get ice you have to hike to the main hotel and get ice from the restaurant.
2. More check-in staff is needed. When we arrived or had questions there was only one person; and usually a line of people that needed help. So not very easy to get help and slow check-in.
Overall the property is nice and the inn buildings are historic looking. The hotel is located in a great location with a great price.

Room Tip: Stay at the inn on the hill portion, newer rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We stayed at this hotel as part of a group of soccer parents. We were able to negotiate a very attractive price that included a continental breakfast and the use of a conference room for the whole week. Our room was in the main hotel and was refurbished. It was lovely and included a very functional kitchenette, separate king size bedroom, two TVs, free wifi, free parking, and free use of the UPEI athletic centre. It was very clean. The staff went above and beyond to welcome us and meet our every need. At times we were really quite demanding. I can't say enough about the hospitality and great service we experienced. I would highly recommend this hotel for a group on a budget but with high expectations. Also the location is perfect....walking distance to everything. Quality experience all the way.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I stay at the Inn on the Hill main hotel in Charlottetown often because of the excellent location and staff, but tried the Holland Grove House for the first time. Very nice suite, plus an electric fireplace. Service is outstanding.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 September 2012

My wife and I decided to save a few dollars after splurging on a B&B for 2 nights, so we picked this Quality Inn. We were surprised to hear they had 2 restored homes on the property so we took a room in the Holland Court house. What a surprise as this was a 1900's restored home brought up to current standards but still retaining all the charm of a B&B. The security was state of the art RFID, the rooms were suite sized with refinished hardwood floors, the beds and linens were top quality and the modern bath was huge by B&B standards. To top this all off the HVAC was new which kept the room comfortable, wifi was free, the room had a working fireplace and the cost was considerably less than a B&B or even a Holiday Inn. Breakfast was not included but that was minor. From this Quality Inn you can walk 4-5 blocks to just about any place in town and there was plenty of secure parking at the Inn.
This is truly the best value in Charlottetown and we will return again.

Room Tip: Stay in the Holland Court house!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Booked this hotel the day before I arrived.
This hotel in right in downtown Charlottetown PEI which makes it perfect for walking to most restaurants, clubs and the harbour.
We arrived about 8:00 pm. We booked the day before. Check in was extremely quick and friendly. Right at the counter is a map of downtown Charlottetown. There is an elevator. I had requested two beds and a cot. The cot was not in the room but I called down and received it promptly. The room was large and so was the bathroom. It was very clean. This is my pet peeve so I check carefully. The sheets and mattresses were comfortable. There was a desk, small table with two chairs, small fridge and coffee and tea and still room for the cot.
The air conditioner worked properly so you could turn it to a comfortable temperature and it stayed there. The hotel was fairly full however we did not hear noise from the hallway.
The parking lot surrounds the hotel so you are a 1 minute walk to your car.
We stayed two nights.
At check out the bill came with an extra 15.00 for the cot per day. This didn't surprise me however when I booked the room I asked for a quote for 2 beds and a cot and the bill was 15.00 over that amount. I inquired at the front desk and explained what I was quoted. The desk attendant called the manager and by the time I came down for bfkt there was a new bill with the cot charge removed.
There is a restaurant in this hotel. We only ate there for bfk. It was ok. We had to send the oatameal my grandson ordered back because it was really bad but we had bacon and eggs and they were ok. Nothing fancy but you couldn't find friendlier servers.
This was a very good basic hotel that was very clean. Exactly what you need if you are sightseeing and are not expecting 5 star pampering.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family