“A little disappointed ”
Review of The Pilot House

The Pilot House
Ranked #20 of 268 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Four of us came for Burger Love last night. My daughter and I had the burger, hubby had the fish and chips, son-in-law had the ribs and shrimp. Burgers were delicious, side salads (greek for me, kale for her) were fresh and tasty. Hubby got two small pieces of fish which were soggy on the bottom, served with frozen french fries and what looked and tasted like store-bought coleslaw mix with store-bought dressing. Rib portion was meagre and shrimp were a little rubbery, the potatoes on the side were good. Desserts were better, chocolate torte was rich and fudgy, chocolate caramel cheesecake was to die for, and date pudding was good as well. Overall we thought we paid a lot of money for average food.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Met friends for dinner and had a great meal. We started with the calamari and even the person who “has never liked calamari” loved it. The pan seared haddock was served with a coconut curry sauce on a bed of thinly sliced vegetables. The special that night was blackened Cajun haddock served with bacon-y, cheesy polenta. For dessert we all shared their double (or was it triple?) chocolate bread pudding - outstanding! The whole experience was wonderful with delicious food, very helpful staff, and a great atmosphere.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Went there for my birthday supper - food and atmosphere were fantastic as always. Love this place!! Never disappointed not matter what we order!
There are two 'atmospheres' to choose from - there is a pub side that doesn't require reservations and the restaurant side that does. But you can order off of whichever menu you choose!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

The Pilot House was booked up solid as there were hockey tournaments in town and Pownal so we ate at the Queue. I like it on that side too. Have been there for functions/partys in the past. Same kitchen. The food was great and drinks were good. I had burger and fries, my wife had the fish with a salad. Pub menu. We finished our food at 9:40 and the restaurant closes at 10pm. I think the waitress wanted to get out of there as we were not offered coffee or dessert.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

We stayed two nights at Dalvay by the Sea on PEI. Their dining room was booked for a private party on our second evening. I consulted the desk clerk, who suggested we try Pilot House in Charlottetown. He lived in town and went there often. PEI isn’t that big, particularly north-south, so the drive to the capital wasn’t too far.

Pilot House is an old-style pub, but has a dining room in the back. We were seated in the pub, so while at a pub, have Pub Food. What’s better than Fish & Chips? Around here, Haddock is preferred over cod. I would have liked to try a local brew to enhance the experience, but 1) the drive back to the hotel was in the dark on narrow, unfamiliar roads and 2) I don’t like mixing fish and beer.

The meals were plentiful; more than we could eat, as we’d been over-indulging the past week on this trip. Quality-wise, the food was good, but not great. Perhaps, not being that hungry came into play in my evaluation.