Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville
Hotel Kutuma(Montreal)
US$202
US$168
  • Restaurant
Maison Des Jardins(Montreal)(Great Value!)
US$101
Auberge le Jardin d'Antoine(Montreal)(Great Value!)
US$142
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Y Montreal(Montreal)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$99
US$658
RitzCarlton.com
  • Pool
2,112 results
All reviewsmcgill universitycentre villewithin walking distancesteam roomtop floorpool and hot tubsherbrooke streetunderground parkingfridge and microwaveroom keycrepesplace des artsnice poolmount royalhotel restaurantself parkingclean hotel
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Our weekend was punctuated with spa treatments, gym and fitness, shopping and great meals. All are within easy walking distance of the Hilton or within the property. The room was lovely and fresh. Staff were very polite and friendly, and made the extra effort to help us with whatever questions we had. Even though the hotel was full, we never felt rushed or neglected and always received individual service. Well done all.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We checked in and no sooner did we arrive in room 1014 than notice that the room was vibrating. Extremely loud humming and the walls were vibrating. We went downstairs, we were told it was the room right under the hot tub, and we were moved immediately to room 521 which was quiet and bigger than the last room! My only thought is why they rent theroom at all, it was awful. BUT, as I said, they were extremely accommodating and it was no issue to move . Plus the rooms were ready at noon, and they let us check in well before 3.

Pool area was nice with a big hot tub, but crowded so we didn't use it unfortunately. I also agree with other comenters that bringing up the pool towels from the room is odd and we only knew to do it inadvance because we read it here.

Rooms were clean, bathroom was a little tight in room 1014 but spacious in 521. Everyone was extremely pleasant and helpful and the rate was good. There are a few grocery stores close by which is nice for water and snacks to keep in the room.

We are from NYC so we walk a lot, probably not close enough to Old Montreal if you are out of shape. There isn't much in the way of public transport from the airport so plan to take a cab if you aren't a walker.

We would definitely stay here again. Free wifi, nice rooms, friendly staff, interesting dining choices close by. Just be sure you don't get the vibrating room! We don't give it five stars because we reserve that for the super special places. We look forward to returning here.

Room Tip: As others have said,try for a room in the one lines.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rainydayinnyc
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I've stayed at this hotel a few times before and each stay has been wonderful. The staff is friendly and polite and were very helpful to recommend some great places to visit in the city. The property has a great location, beds are comfortable and rooms are a nice size. The restaurant is also very good. Cleanliness is always a big concern of mine when staying in hotels, but there was no issue with that here... Rooms are clean, so are the hallways and the fitness center too. I would definitely recommend this hotel for business and/or pleasure!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Claley, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Dear Guest,
We thank you for choosing to stay with us for your accommodation while in the city. Thank You for taking the time to write your review and we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to have the privilege to serve your future lodging needs.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

I would never recommend this hotel for a romantic weekend.
Just don't do it.it is okay for business,but the place is cramped,tiny,air conditioning does not work-staff was rude,and for 3 nights,nothing got better.I am a polite person,speak french,but they do not care,staff morale is low,it is like a hotel factory,if you can catch my drift....they do not care- beds are clean, basic things are clean-no pride in the place though,very cold and impersonal.

Room Tip: Don't go here,better hotels for less money in the city,this hotel will give you a bad impression of the city.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank mary11mary
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I only spent a weekend in Montreal, so I stayed here for one night. I got to Montreal early in the morning, but spent the entire day out and about taking care of what I had come for - I ended up checking in around 5:00pm. I freshened up a bit for an hour or two, then left for dinner and a night out. I ended up getting back to the hotel at around 4:00am - so my experience was really limited to only Sunday morning - and yet, I still ended up with a really bad taste in my mouth. I had really unpleasant interactions with the hotel's staff from the moment I arrived, and was barked at for stopping in front of the hotel to unload my luggage (in the guest load/unload zone), all the way to check-out.

I didn't take any pictures of the room, as it was identical to the pictures that are already up on this site. Instead, I have provided here two very condensed anecdotes of what I am referring to when I say that my experience with this hotel's staff was surprisingly disappointing.

The information booklet in my room listed no information about room service for breakfast, but it did indicate that there was a little shop in the lobby that sold food. I just needed something quick and easy, so I figured I would just run downstairs and grab a muffin or something. The shop ended up being a closet and not having any food, which is fine. So I checked with the front desk if there was any way to get something sent up to my room. I spoke with a certain Andrew, who was incredibly condescending and rude. I was told that the only way to find out about what is available is to physically go to the restaurant and talk to them, as "there is no food at the front desk that I can eat, clearly". He said that he could not call the restaurant on my behalf and that if I wanted food, I would have to call from my room.

On the way back to my room from this unexpectedly rude experience, I got stuck in the elevator. Now I realize that this is the fault of no one, I certainly do not blame it on the hotel staff. However, it is the way that they handled the problem that was so disappointing. We called on the emergency phone in the elevator and were connected to the front desk - they were rude and failed to appreciate how inconvenient (and potentially frightening) being trapped in an elevator for 30 minutes might be. The other guests and I were told that they would send someone to verify...The elevator continued to run up and down to various floors by itself, but would not open its doors. In the end, we got off at the 11th floor - and in the mean time, no one had been notified. More rude staff (cleaning) were trying to get in the elevator as we were getting off - indicating that not even staff had been notified of the situation, and providing yet another opportunity for unpleasant staff interaction.

Look, the hotel itself is fine - the location is great, the rooms are clean (except for some unpleasant long hairs found in my bed), and the price is right. Just don't expect any more than that. Honestly, it takes very little for a hotel to be clean and well-located - it is the service and attention to detail that distinguishes one hotel from another. The staff at this property were more akin to an interstate motel than a four-star Hilton.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wlfsbrg01
Claley, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

Dear Guest,
We thank you for choosing our property for your stay in our city and for taking the time to write a review. We always appreciate the feedback of our valued guests. Although it is true that the in room collateral does not provide a breakfast room service menu; our restaurant is more than happy to provide this service to all our guests simply by dialing down to the dining room or by placing an order in person with the hostess or a waiter. A wide variety of breakfast items are available to suit everyone's needs. Our Pavilion Pantry which you mention in your review is located adjacent to the front desk and offers a variety of snacks and amenities to accommodate your needs. We have no record of the elevators having any technical difficulties during your stay. However, our elevators are operated with your room key cards which must be inserted in the elevator card reader in order to function. Otherwise the elevator will simply travel without opening on any floor. This is a built in security feature of our property. This could explain the difficulty you experienced in the elevator. We hope to have the opportunity to serve your future lodging needs.