US$129
  • Fitness centre
US$144
US$136
  • Room Service
Samesun Montreal Central(Montreal)(Great Value!)
US$99
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 July 2016

I'm not even going to mention the lack of air conditioning and the smell of cigarette smoke in the room, hey even the fact that there were no blankets was acceptable since it was super-hot. What was completely unacceptable though is the noise the people in the parking lot behind the building made all night. Students playing music, drunks yelling their lungs out, drivers revving their engines - we got to experience all of this in just one night. Since we had a flight early in the morning, we might as well have spent the night in a bar or at the airport since we would've gotten roughly the same amount of sleep and for free.

I would never recommend this to anyone.

Room Tip: just pick a room in another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scubadrive
Reviewed 30 August 2015

I always wanted to go to nice places in order to ensure quality and comfort. Boy I was in for a surprise this time. I was invited to two events in Montréal this summer. July 30th and August 1st and 2nd, 2015. No good hotel had any available beds. The ones I could find were passed the $300.00 level. To stay 4 days I had to pay something ridiculous. Bref, I decided to look at other options. I found this residence advertising a room in a 6 bedroom or 8 bedroom apartment. At first, I did not understand the concept. I did some research and found out that I will have my own room, I will share the kitchen and the bathroom. Concepts I tried when I was young going through Europe in Hostels. I decided I am going to try. In any case, no students in summer was what I was banking on. It all worked out. The place was clean, not a lot of people, safe, friendly student staff. I am pleased with it and I will try it again when I am travelling without my family. it is also good for a group of friends. You can be all together without sacrificing the privacy of a single room. I think of it as the little engine that could. Hope you give it a try. At $180.00 for 4 nights. That is a steal. no Wi-Fi in room. wired internet only. lobby and family room had Wi-Fi

Room Tip: park in streets it is free.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2015

There was no AC, the bed was rubber and unzipped. I actually fell into the crevice of the zipper and spilt water everywhere. There was an unusable terrace. There was WIFI in the lobby, I have paid less then this for a hostel and got a better room, Not worth anyones time or money.

The location was awesome, you were near everything.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2015

The only reason we chose this was because we could get all 13 friends in one space together, with a common area to relax. They let us check in early, which was nice, but the front staff seem like you've offended them the second you open your mouth. The apartment itself was not in the best condition. One of the toilets didn't have a chain and wouldn't flush. The showers would not drain properly and would spray in every direction except the one you wanted them to. There was no soap in any of the bathrooms, so we had to use the tiny soaps left for us to shower with. Several of the 8 bedrooms smelled strongly of smoke, and cigarette butts were found in the window sills. Some of the windows did not open, and the fans and light fixtures were incredibly noisy. All in all, only depend on this hotel if you want a large room to share with many friends.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2014

I stayed at the Residences with the students for a month and my experience was basic. I wasn't expecting much for the low rates I was paying and I was honestly not surprised at all.

The rooms were basic with a closet, a work desk and a bed. The mattress was too hard for comfort. I did not need a AC since it was quite cold in March and the purpose of ventilation was served by putting the ceiling fan on. The kitchen is basic too, equipped with a flame stove, an oven and a refrigerator. However, there is no ventilation in the common kitchen area. The bathroom is below average and had leaky faucets along with a shower that would fall any moment.

Though the living quarters are small, they're adequate for the students who reside there for most of the year and spend a majority of their time outside of the residences. On the upside there were no pests and the girls with whom I was sharing the area were quite obsessive about cleanliness. The access to pay per wash machines were the best part about the stay and doing laundry on a weekday night was easy and quick. The general mood of the entire place is quite upbeat and lively. The staff were more or less helpful and addressed issues regarding the room within a few days. One my first morning there was vomit all over the elevator carpets and I had to wait for the one. I guess that's not too outrageous in a place teeming with college kids.

The only major issue was the number of homeless who would sleep close to the entrance of the building and the place would stink for the rest of the morning. None of them were dangerous and on most mornings quite cordial. I felt rather bad to think of them out in the open in the minus temperatures every night.

The overall experience was quite good, didn't expect luxury and didn't get it either. However it was not entirely unlivable. The location was perfect and didn't have to travel much to get to the heart of the city. Most services, restaurants as well as landmarks were a short walk or a bus ride away.

Room Tip: Main street has a lot of fire trucks pass in the night and can be a nuisance. Higher floors with windows facing away from the street are quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo