Residences Universitaires UQAM East
US$112
US$100
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$130/night.

US$178
US$120
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$136/night.

US$178
  • Pool
Hotel l'Abri du Voyageur(Montreal)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$112
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Y Montreal(Montreal)(Great Value!)
US$75
W Montreal(Montreal)
US$299
US$264
WHotels.com
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 September 2017

No air conditioning, tiny beds, horrible front desk--welcome to college dorm rooms rented in the summer. I have had far worse. No wifi outside of the main lobby, which has others trying to catch a connection. But the place is central to some of the best parts of the city, so if you aren't looking for much, this place works.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Great location. Walking distance to Old Montreal and Chinatown and 2 metro stops (Berri-UQAM and Champ-de-Mars). Other than the location, my stay was terrible.

I stayed in a residence style apartment, which in the school year would, I assume, house 3 people. When we stayed, each room had 2 people, so a 3 person apartment was suppose to accommodate 6. Very tiny and disgusting washroom. The rooms were adequately sized but the bed was terrible. I almost would have rather slept on the floor. Kitchen was not stocked (no cups, plates, anything) and there was no living area. Just a couch against a wall in a hallway.
No Wifi in the rooms, and it didn't work in the entire building for our first day there. The staff were nice, but there was only usually 1 person at the desk at a time which made wait times for check-ins and check-outs to be a nightmare.
On another note, I experienced some weird allergic reactions every time I was in our room. Itchy throat and runny nose that would leave when we left the building. I can't positively say that this was due to something in the hotel/residence, but I never experience those symptoms. Just beware!

Would not go back.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2017

This Residences is much closer to Berri/UQAM station and other restuarants and such, though on the inside, it is not as appealing. it isn't bad, but not as nice.

Beds are comfortable, unless you need to sleep on the floor (not the Residences fault) and the portable mattresses are awful; I can sleep on a wooden/concrete floor, but this bed was less than stellar. You get all of the amenities that are provided in the other Residences and the washrooms are just as nice. This is an older building and sadly, they are worse-equipped, as there is no wi-fi in the room, among other things. Still, could be worse...

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2016

I'm not even going to mention the lack of air conditioning and the smell of cigarette smoke in the room, hey even the fact that there were no blankets was acceptable since it was super-hot. What was completely unacceptable though is the noise the people in the parking lot behind the building made all night. Students playing music, drunks yelling their lungs out, drivers revving their engines - we got to experience all of this in just one night. Since we had a flight early in the morning, we might as well have spent the night in a bar or at the airport since we would've gotten roughly the same amount of sleep and for free.

I would never recommend this to anyone.

Room Tip: just pick a room in another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scubadrive
Reviewed 30 August 2015

I always wanted to go to nice places in order to ensure quality and comfort. Boy I was in for a surprise this time. I was invited to two events in Montréal this summer. July 30th and August 1st and 2nd, 2015. No good hotel had any available beds. The ones I could find were passed the $300.00 level. To stay 4 days I had to pay something ridiculous. Bref, I decided to look at other options. I found this residence advertising a room in a 6 bedroom or 8 bedroom apartment. At first, I did not understand the concept. I did some research and found out that I will have my own room, I will share the kitchen and the bathroom. Concepts I tried when I was young going through Europe in Hostels. I decided I am going to try. In any case, no students in summer was what I was banking on. It all worked out. The place was clean, not a lot of people, safe, friendly student staff. I am pleased with it and I will try it again when I am travelling without my family. it is also good for a group of friends. You can be all together without sacrificing the privacy of a single room. I think of it as the little engine that could. Hope you give it a try. At $180.00 for 4 nights. That is a steal. no Wi-Fi in room. wired internet only. lobby and family room had Wi-Fi

Room Tip: park in streets it is free.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo