Hotel Star Montreal
  • Breakfast included
US$139
US$120
Priceline
Hotel Y Montreal(Montreal)(Great Value!)
US$75
W Montreal(Montreal)
US$308
WHotels.com
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 June 2017

We stayed here last week as a family, the overall experience is much better than what we thought, we booked two rooms for two nights. First of all, the location is just amazing, you can reach everything around this area (metro station in 5 mins walk, supermarket in 15 mins). And the staff there are so nice and friendly. I think they have made a lot of progress, the room is clean and tidy. With this awesome price and location we highly recommend this hotel for your stay in Montreal.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Kary L
Reviewed 17 June 2017

Was quite worried about the quality of my stay due to the negative responses on this site - however, other trip sites had positive reviews and so I took a chance. Hotel is under new management, and quality of stay was very good. Wifi speed was fast, room was good enough for me, and service was very welcoming. Would come here again in the future.

Room Tip: Book in advance to avoid issues
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
6  Thank Robert F
Reviewed 11 October 2016 via mobile

This hotel was dirty and unkept. They only do maid service when you leave, and I'm not even certain how you get more towels. The shower had mold and was so disgusting I refused to use it. I have a mold allergy and coughed the whole trip. The furniture was decent (all IKEA) but our room was so dirty. Our balcony had trash on it. We wanted to leave before 10am and couldn't find a worker (we called the number and went to the room suggested on a note). Also don't be fooled, there is no free breakfast. They never put any food out, no coffee, nothing. Next time we will pay the extra money to have a decent stay in such a beautiful city. The statue in the photo below was the only decoration in the room...

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ohheyjamie
Reviewed 30 August 2016

Stayed here 2 years ago and it WAS basic but clean and adequate for the money. Now the name has changed to Hotel Star and the ownership and management appear to have NO interest in the property. The lobby is dirty. A grimey microwave and crumb encrusted toaster are next to a dirty, stained sofa which sit right in front of the reception desk. At check in a girl, behind a wall of safety glass, slid me a hand written check in agreement which also had all my credit card info written on it, INCLUDING my CVV #. When I asked about the lack of security regarding the credit card info, I was told " Don't worry sir, don't worry".
Already feeling uncomfortable with the place and disappointed that it was not as good as my previous experience, I reluctantly went to my assigned room. I stank of smoke, although the entire hotel is supposed to be non smoking. The bedding was rumpled and stained, all surfaces looked as thought they had not been wiped down in a very long time. There was potato chips under the bed and little , creepy bugs crawling around! The bathroom had some loose change left in the shower and an already used, bar of soap left in the soap dish.
I requested to switch rooms. The next room was worse ! There was even a pair of dirty socks and underwear in the bathroom vanity ! I demanded a refund due to the conditions of the rooms. I was denied a refund and told that everything I had issue with was " normal". Do NOT even consider staying here. I am following up with the Better Business Bureau and the City of Montreal Health department.

Room Tip: DO NOT stay here under any condition
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank sparkyboy61
Reviewed 11 March 2016 via mobile

Where werent towels and bathrobe? If you behaved in the same way with all customers bathrooms arte new, sure!

Ok be gentle but the primary service? Clean soso

For one night its ok... But i payed more than what was wrote when i booked

Wi-Fi is freme and the hotel is near the station

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo