“Hoping for fun - got rude staff instrwad”
Review of Cabaret Mado

Cabaret Mado
Ranked #17 of 220 Nightlife in Montreal
More attraction details
Owner description: This is a bar with dragqueen shows in the evening situated in the gay-villeage in Montreal. It also becomes a danse-bar after the shows.
Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

I see others have had the same problem. Freezing cold, I was happy to arrive at the door, paid my entrance fee ($13) and got stamped on the wrist. Then was told to check my (lightweight) jacket downstairs. I said that I was cold and would prefer to keep it on - seriously it is a light down waistcoat not a heavy coat). The manager then approached and said she didn't like my attitude, basically doing her "bouncer" routine. "I am he manager and I don't like your attitude". Well, it wasn't much fun for me either - expecting a happy welcoming place, I got the "beast of Belsen" treatment. I wasn't aware before paying that I would have to deal with this - so it kind of spoiled the experience - what's it with these guys - I had just come from a great show at Le Cocktail without all of the attitude from the staff. I would predict that with staff like that, applying rules for which they don't even have a rationale, they'll go out or business soon enough - or maybe not, if people like to be abused when visiting Montréal. As a visitor, I was left with a bad impression!

1  Thank S2uart

Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

We decided to go to Cabaret Mado for our friend's bachelorette. I had heard a lot about this place and was always curious about it. I am so glad I finally had the chance to see it for myself. It was hilarious!! Although, you should be able to understand french as the MC mainly speaks in french. However, even if you don't you will have a great time!! Those girls are FIERCE!!!! They really know how to put on a show. It is definitely worth seeing!

1  Thank Fran M
Reviewed 30 March 2016

If you want a different kind of evening, grab a few friends and try the mado experience. It-s really a lot of fun and you-ll talk about it all week. Cheers.

Reviewed 22 September 2015

my husband has hesitant to go but once we got there and the show started any doubt flew out the window!! Fun and French!! A little tricky for the English only part of the crowd but still a fantastic night

Reviewed 14 July 2015

lot of laughing, had a lot of fun with family and friends. Great experiences.Its really worth it.They know how to make sure you have a goood time and everyone is welcome!I

1  Thank Alextaz1