“Fun”

Montreal Amphi-Bus Tour
Reviewed 17 July 2017

It was our last day in Montreal and decided to take this tour. We had done one of these boats in Boston years ago. It did not disappoint. Burt, our driver/captain, was a character. His partner whose name escapes me, was equally entertaining and informative. The truck becomes a boat and we went into the St Lawrence River.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

The people that sell the tickets were very pleasant but our tour guide, James, was not. He was the only person in Montreal that we interacted with that was arrogant and snidely disparaging towards Americans. Upon meeting him he asked us if there was a Starbucks on every corner in the U.S. (actually Canadian cities seem to have more) and teased us about Boston accents incessantly, even on the tour in front of everyone. When my six year old daughter put her head on my lap to rest, he told me he would put more "action" in the tour because "Americans like that." What we like, actually, are tours that are interesting and sometimes even humorous. I have been to similar tours in various cities and the tour guides always provide interesting historical information that you can't simply get out of the brochure or from looking at a building ("that is a building with Corinthian columns") ("that is Flemish style building"). Very little history of Montreal and zero humor. That's what happens when you mail it in.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

We had an amazing tour guide, a young fellow that was very informative and comical. The history of Old Montreal and the St Lawerence was very helpful. Customer service was excellent.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Friendly staff,informative crew. We got a great snapshot of old Montreal. I actually wish it was longer

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

This tour offered a different vantage point of the tour from the water. We already booked a place to stay that was a walk away from everything. So we pretty much had a good close up view of most sights by land. The added bonus to this tour was now we had a ride around with all the information of what we're looking at, as well as a view of the city from the water. The driver and tour guide was hilarious and very informative! I was impressed by the tour guide's French/English translation back and forth without missing a beat! My little ones both under age 3 had a relaxing and fun ride. The baby knocked out from the cool breeze during the ride on the water. Definitely worth spending for the experience alone!

2  Thank Lady Rothel G