Best Western Plus Montreal Downtown-Hotel Europa
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
1,368 results
All reviewsbell centrecora's restaurantchez coragreat locationdrummond streetbreakfast restauranthockey gamerooms are smallmontreal downtowntrain stationhardwood floorsshopping and restaurantsminute walkrue st catherinecomfortable bedwithin walking distanceking room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Picked this hotel because being very close to Bell Center (only few minutes away by walk). There are restaurants nearby.
Hotel does not have their own parking, I would suggest use the underground secured parking.
Clean rooms and very helpful staff. Quick online checking procedure, when approached to the reception got the room keys under 2 minutes during early evening checkin rush.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Rébecca R, Responsable de la réception at Best Western Plus Montreal Downtown-Hotel Europa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Dear Ender A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and the TripAdvisor Community.

Our property is indeed ideally located close to every attractions & shopping areas in Montreal. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and will look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again in the near future.

I am glad that you have enjoyed the online check-in.

Rebecca
Front Desk Supervisor

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Great location, close to public transport, stores, and several restaurants. Parking was easy nearby. Staff was quite friendly. However, no breakfast and the hotel would definitely welcome some renovations. In the end, it was ok but there are other options in downtown Montreal, even within the Best Western group, where I'd rather stay in the future.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank alaurentino
Amélie R, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Montreal Downtown-Hotel Europa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay in Montreal as well as our hotel.

As we do not appear to have any record of you mentioning your dissatisfaction during your stay, we would of course be interested in learning a bit more about your experience.

Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Amélie - Front Office Supervisor

Reviewed 26 February 2018

I booked a "small queen room" and was pleasantly surprised at how not very small it was. It was a decent sized room for my partner and I, who needed a place to stay NYE. The room was clean (although the garbage from the previous guests hadn't been changed). Room temperature was easily changeable. The best part about this hotel for me was the location! As a Montrealer, I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone who wants to be in the heart of the city! The metro (Peel on the green line) is a short walk away (less then 5 mins). Sainte Catherine street is literally seconds away. Would recommend staying here if you're on a budget and want to maximize your time in the city. Staff extremely friendly!!!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Jessica,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay in Montreal as well as our location and our hotel.

We will be honored to welcome you again on your next visit to Montreal.

Amélie - Front Office Supervisor

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

This was a major disappointment . Last time we were here it was wonderful and this time the shower was almost bigger than the room! We arrived to have all three staff speaking French to each other about our reservation. No English. When I asked if there was a problem they said no. They said the cc on file had declined which is why we gave them the new one explaining the other had been lost and they sent us a replacement. We went to the tiny room our luggage barely fit in and then went back and asked for a larger room. They said they were full. We are BW diamond members and should have been upgraded but were not. Hotel was full. We didn’t check in until 7pm even though I had secured with my cc 6 weeks prior. The mgr rambled and rambled and when I shushed him he was furious and said that I was so offensive . 10 seconds later when the girl there spoke he put his hand in front of her face to quiet her. I said that was way more rude than me putting my finger to my lips to say shhhhh. Then he handed me his card and left. Then the girl piped up that my cc had been originally declined and they didn’t even have to honour my reservation. I was dumbfounded. We had been told parking was 25$ but it was $30. We were given no info on breakfast, check out times, and I had to carry 4 suitcases and 3 bags to our room with no offer of help. (My husband had gone to get the car). Needless to say, worst BW stay ever.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Amélie R, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Montreal Downtown-Hotel Europa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Annerob58,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

We are sorry to hear that your stay with us appears to have been less than ideal, and sorry to read the issue with our team at the moment of checking in.

Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future, and for sure a follow up will be done with our staff.

We hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

Stayed here for a weekend to see a Montreal Canadiens game. 5 minute walk to Bell Centre. Lots of shopping and restaurants nearby within walking distance. Hotel staff were pleasant and professional. Room was very small but updated and clean and had everything we needed and the rate was good for the location. Bed was comfortable. Would definitely stay here again. The only negative issues we experience was snow clearing in the parking lot outside our window (and we were up on the 4th floor) at 6:30 am sounded like thunder and someone knocking on our door at 3:30 am looking for someone in another room.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Alexandre V, Manager at Best Western Plus Montreal Downtown-Hotel Europa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Dear SandySue123,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and the TripAdvisor community.

We are glad you enjoyed the week-end you spent with us as well as our convenient location.

We are sorry to hear about the inconvenience encountered with the noise late in the night.

We will look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again in the near future.

Alexandre Vergnes