US$218
US$87
US$264
US$199
  • Restaurant
Gite du Plateau Mont-Royal(Montreal)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$82
  • Breakfast included
HI Montreal Hostel(Montreal)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$161
US$141
Priceline
  • Room Service
US$159
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold montrealcatherine streetminute walkgay villagemetro stopthe hotel offersblocksainttelevisionconveniencechinatownproximity
Reviewed 27 September 2017

We stayed here for one night, the restuarant/bar had a sign on the door saying it would open at 7. Our group thought they meant 7 pm, nope, 07:00 AM for breakfast only.

During the evening, we sat watching TV in our room, a message appeared on our television, declaring an Emergency Alert, everything else was in French, which I don't read or speak. I looked at the emergency procedure on the hotel information on the door of my room, which told me what to do should I discover a fire but not what the emergency signal was, do they use the TV for notifying deaf people I wondered. So I picked up the telephone in my room pressed the button which read Front Desk. No ring tone, I tried again, same silence. I then got myself and my wife out of the room, used the emergency stairs to get down to the reception area. There were two young girls on the desk, I made enquiries as to what was the emergency situation, they didn't know what I was talking about, I reported that the message was on all channels, They asked what did it say, I said I can't read French. They then said why didn't I phone, I said I did, I pressed the front desk button, she said no, you have to press 0 which was not on the telephone! They assured me that all was well and nothing to worry about, I then asked one of the girls what was the emergency procedure in the hotel, she said she had only just started so didn't know so I asked the other one. She told me that an alarm would ring, I then asked was it a bell, or a buzzer to which she replied she thought it might make a funny burrr burrr type sound. I asked if she had ever heard it, she replied no. I then asked had she ever been involved in a practice evacuation, she replied No, which I found disturbing. The following day, I was told by a colleague that this type message is common in Montreal and it referred to a missing boy.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

A large hotel should have more than 0 cork screws. I asked for one and they didn't have one. I asked again 2 days later and they still didn't have one. I can stand the wall paper peeling in the corner of my room. But a hotel with out a cork screw for days is definitely off its game.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Scott S
Med L, Directeur général at Lord Berri, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Thank you for your comments. The restaurant provides cork screws free of charge. Very often guests do not bring them back. We are very sorry for this inconvenient.

Gereral Manager

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Amazing location! Pretty easy to get to by car. About a 10-15 minute walk to old Montreal! Good value for the money. Found the staff to be very friendly and happy to accommodate us speaking in English.

Good value for the money compared to the $450 a night hotel alternatives. (we were using the room to keep our stuff and sleep in, while planning on being out most of the time anyway)

There was no parking with the hotel available for our entire stay (which I read about in many reviews), however right beside the hotel is an above ground lot where the guys working there were very helpful and friendly, and it was $20 a day cash with in out privileges vs. $22 with the hotel.

Just around the corner was another hotel, maybe offices? and below that an underground food court with IGA grocery store to pick up what you might want to bring back to the room. Fresh fruit for breakfast was a great option for us. We got a 12 pack of water for $1.99 and kept them in our room fridge. Saved us a ton of money!

TIP: If you want to charge something beside the bed, only one side had an outlet right beside so I would recommend bringing a small (like 3-4') extension cord which I will now be adding to my packing list for every trip :)

A few simple things could have made this a great hotel.

1. The Bedspread on our bed was dirty (like with Ketchup on it? I hope?) I couldn't stand the look of it from the moment I walked in so I took it off and put it aside (I don't think they had a replacement as it stayed there for our 3 day stay and did mention it, not a deal breaker though)

2. It would take about 30 minutes, a bit of paint and a tube of glue to spruce up the tired look of the room (note to cleaning staff, in the shower area bend down to see the stuff that NEEDS to be cleaned between the tub and wall panels)

3. Asked for an extra blanket and pillow. Got quickly however the blanket was crunchy like it was in the dryer on high heat and suffered heat damage

Room Tip: excellent location and easy walk to Old Montreal and Waterfront
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Med L, Directeur général at Lord Berri, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Thank you for your comments. I do not know if you have noticed, we are announcing a major renovation of the hotel starting next fall to finish early next summer. These renovations will allow us to join the Banner Of Marriott Fairfield.
In the meantime, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you during you next visit to Montreal.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

went to Montreal for a week and stayed at the Berry. best place ever as far as everything. The staff was 100% helpful and never were to busy to chat and ask how things were going. The location well what more can you ask for walking distance to Old Montreal. the subway one block away. the stores were right there to get goodies for the room. St. Catherines right there half a block away and all the food establishments you could ask for from fast food places to a sidewalk café. The rooms are okay and noise level was low. Next time I go to Montreal which will be for the hockey season will make a point of staying there. So glad I discovered this little jewel in Montreal. You can even walk to Chinatown from there.

Room Tip: any room is good higher up is better view
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Thank you. Thank you, we do our best to make sure our customers are well taken care off.

General manager

Reviewed 24 July 2017

We stay at many hotel across the world. This hotel rated the lowest quality ever seen by us. Very outdated rooms and the ceiling vent collapsed while in use. It seems they tried to start renovating but gave up. Sales manager was very rude and abrupt when we expressed our concerns and brushed us off.

Beds in on room were on a slightly sloped and not flat.

Parking was an extra charge of $20/day.

Room Tip: Run away fast.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank BrianMe2014
Med L, Directeur général at Lord Berri, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

We red your comments with lost of concern and regret very much our hotel did not meet your expectation. In regards to the property renovation, we have started and stopped during the construction vacation that takes place every year from mid July to end of July. The renovation of the entire hotel will restart again beginning of August with a target to finish end of spring next year 2018. When the renovation are completed, we will be joining the renoun Banner of Marriott Fairfield.

We also regret that you did not bring to our attention your Remarque's during your stay to give us chance to rectify the concerns you raised in your comments.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced during you stay.

General Manager.