US$220
US$87
US$161
US$135
  • Room Service
Gite du Plateau Mont-Royal(Montreal)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$82
  • Breakfast included
Samesun Montreal Central(Montreal)(Great Value!)
US$115
  • Breakfast included
Hotel l'Abri du Voyageur(Montreal)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$99
US$148
US$116
Orbitz.com
  • Fitness centre
All reviewslaurie raphaelboutique hotelglass wallmolton brown toiletriespresident kennedybagelsincluded in the room ratenespresso machinebreakfast was includedmcgill universityoffice buildinggreat boutiquequiet streetlate checkan excellent hotelfront desk staffbottled water
Reviewed 17 September 2008

Hotel le Germain is a great place to stay in montreal . The hotel is centrally located and the rooms are chic and quite spacious. It's close to shopping, like Holt Renfrew and Ogilvy. It's only a ten minute walk from le Musee Beaux-Arts. The bed was comfortable and the linens were nice. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The breakfast wasn't very good but it was included in the room price, so it didn't matter that much. Overall, Le Germain is a great hotel.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank AndreasMcKenzie
Reviewed 16 August 2008

We arrived to Montreal on the weekend of Nascar and a gay parade (or so we were told) and a big majority of hotels were fully booked.
We were desperate to find just a place to sleep, but this hotel was much better that just that.
Location is great, not far from the train station (we arrived by train). The staff were friendly, check-in was fast. Room was clean with really cool furnishing. The bathroom had a really nice surprise: the shower had a glass through which you could see bedroom! Of course it was possible to use shades and disable this "feature".
There was also a good breakfast with surprisingly wide choice (it was described as continental, so we didn't expect much) that was restocked often.
The only funny thing at this hotel was the air conditioning system - we received special instructions for setting the room temperature on a little card when we checked in. It wasn't hard to use, just - different.
Although we found this hotel by accident and didn't expect much, it was one of the best so far.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravellingMouse9
Reviewed 5 August 2008

We stayed at Le Germain for three nights. Having difficulty locating a hotel room, as the NASCAR races were on, I opted for Le Germain when I confirmed they had availability, as we had stayed there before and were happy with the service and quality of the property.

We arrived in Montreal by train and the Hotel is very conveniently located near the train station (5 min. walk) on Mansfield.

The property is very well cared for and maintained and our room (502) was clean, comfortable and elegant, with a lovely view down la rue President Kennedy. The breakfast is delicious and a great way to start the day and while there was WIFI access in the room, we used the public computer in the lobby. A very nice touch is the coffee machine in the lobby where you can get a latte, americano, espresso, etc. on the house.

We ate one evening in the hotel restaurant, Laurie Raphael and we had an absolutely wonderful meal. The quality of the food was superb and the service friendly and attentive, without any attitude. I would certainly eat there again, as it was excellent and good value, given the high calibre of the menu.

Annik, the Concierge, was very friendly and professional, providing an excellent referral for dinner one evening.

All in all, a wonderful place to stay and we will return.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank htravelbug
Reviewed 11 July 2008

Le Germain is a lovely boutique hotel. The staff were so friendly and helpful from the doormen to the receptionists to even the girl who answers their 1800 number when I'd check up on the reservation.
The rooms are nicely decorated and spacious. We had one room with a king size bed that faced the back of the building and a room with a queen size bed that faced the front. I'd try to get something that faces the front as the back just looks at office buildings.
The bathrooms were nice and spacious as well with modern appliances. We had one problem where the toilet didn't flush but they sent someone up immediately to fix it. I love the Aveda products that they give you as well.
Breakfast was included and was very tasty. One complaint from my mother is that the coffeemachine didn't make the hottest coffee though.
Hotel is in a great area near St. Catherine St and was a couple blocks from the Jazz Festival.
Also, the concierge was so helpful in making dinner reservations for us and suggested some delicious restaurants such as le Clube Chasse et Peche and the lively Rosalie. I definitely recommend Le Germain!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank PickyB
Reviewed 2 April 2008

LOCATION

Close to everything downtown on a quiet street. Near public transit too.

SERVICE

Wow, what can I say. Everytime I needed something, from the bellhop to front desk staff or breakfast buffet waiters, they were there before I even had to ask. The bellman even calls the elevator for you when you walk into the lobby! AND when my taxi was taking forever to come, he offered to drive me in the hotel courtesy car.

DECOR

Gorgeous! This hotel still looks brand new & up-to-date even though I believe it is a few years old. The rooms are well organised & ergonomic. I love the detail of having a glass wall between the large walkin shower and the bedroom! My only complaint is that the doors could be better insulated to minimize hallway noise.

FOOD

I had the buffet breakfast which was wonderful, with egg frittata, crepes, yogourt, fruit salad, cheeses, boiled eggs, juice, coffee and the piece de resistance, delicious croissants & pain au chocolat! Our meeting also had catered snacks which were delicious granola bars and beautifully presented plated lunch with club sandwiches, pasta salad, fruit skewer and chocolate. Yum! More croissants and pain au chocolat for afternoon snack topped it off.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business