“Great pub”

Cuisines: Scottish
Neighbourhood: Quartier des Spectacles
Neighbourhood: Quartier des Spectacles
Reviewed 18 February 2015

Tourist tip : perfect bar for an afternoon drink or slow evening cocktail. Ask the waiter if this is the first time you try scotch (you might precise your budget, since some brands can be costy). Fwiw, my favorite one for a beginner drinker is Glenfarclas 12 years.

Tl;dr: It is my favorite pub for almost 20 years now.

Great selection of scotch and drinks. Ask the waiters and bartenders about speciality cocktails (such as the "Castafiore"). Good services and friendly staff that will recognize you if you come here often. The front of the place is pub style while the back has a lounge atmosphere. Might be too crowdy for some people on friday's and saturday's evenings, but that is expected in this city.

There are newer reviews for Pub Ile Noire

Reviewed 22 January 2015 via mobile

I was quite excited to learn of this little gem. I was even more pleased to see they had whisky from the Campbeltown region. My real let down was the paltry food selection.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

My husband and I are enthusiastic single malt fans and were eager to try this place after reading so many different good reviews, however, we were sorely disappointed. The place is very poorly lit-not just an ambience low light but more like a cannot read the scotch list low light; speaking of the scotch list, while long, my particular scotch list was absolutely disgustingly filthy with stains on the paper itself-like someone "exploded" onto it; I mean, grotesque for any establishment to hand to a customer! The bartender was indifferent and not helpful, and we felt like we were not particularly welcome. One thing we especially enjoy at a scotch bar is seeing the beautiful bottles backlit or such so we can admire labels, shapes and colors etc; no can do at this place, yup, too dark. Also, many bottles are on shelves in the two windows next to the bar, hmmm, wonder what daily sunlight does to those single malts. We cannot appreciate the reviews here that are so positive, maybe they are from young,underdeveloped single malt fans, like the packs of young people drunk on the sidewalks nearby from university. A true single malt fan needs to drink them somewhere else.

1  Thank travsavvy
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We went here twice during our stay in Montreal. The selection of Scotch is impressive to say the least, and they also have beers for those who prefer it. The house boilermaker changes every week, so we'd love to go back again in the future to see what their pairings are. The pub is located above busy Rue St. Denis. The terrace is a great place to people-watch, and inside has a quiet, cozy atmosphere.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Our friends are Scotch amateurs and they really enjoyed the 3 Scotch sampling offer. It comes with a card detailing the many nuances of various brands. Personally, I went for beer for which they have a good selection.