Le Saint-Sulpice
LHotel(Montreal)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
2,133 results
All reviewsmurphy bedold montreall'occitane productsdeluxe suiteseparate bedroomnespresso machinestove topsmall kitchenettecobblestone streetselectric fireplaceperfect locationliving areabeautiful hotelboutique hotelart galleriespull out couchwalk in shower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived at 12:45 pm and tried to check in but the rooms were not ready (3 of them); also, we cancelled some additional reservations weeks back and the hotel said they did not get the cancellations (via booking.com) so we tried to solve everything for over an hour and they did not cancel the rooms and the rooms were also not ready, manager never showed up.

We came back at 4:30 and the rooms were still not ready, the cancellation issue was also not resolved, again, manager never showed up.

Our rooms were delivered to us after 6:00 pm! And at that time we tried to solve the cancellation issue for a while and they said they would try to get in touch with booking and solve it, again manager never showed up.

In the morning the hotel was not able to coordinate the issue with booking (to me they did not even try); also, they charged us the extra room themselves! Instead of solving the issue with booking they decided it would be easier to just charge us two extra rooms, unbelievable, unfair and unprofessional.

We felt robbed and yet again the manager never showed up.

It was frustrating to loose so much time with such ineptitude from staff and the lack of attention from the so called manager.

I would recommend trying any other hotel (there are plently around), we travel a lot and have never experienced this type of situation.

AVOID THIS HOTEL, trust me!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Juan I
Yanick B, Directeur général at Le Saint-Sulpice, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Juan I,

I understand your disappointment. On the issue of the rooms not being ready, I agree that there was a shortcoming. The rooms should have been ready by 4pm, as this is what we advertise.

I am really sorry that you decided to give us a bad score based on the issue you had with your online travel agency. It seems the confusion was with them not us, as they also confirmed that the reservations were never cancelled. We were simply applying the terms and conditions that you agreed to when booking the rooms. Had the online travel agency confirmed there had been a mistake on their part, we would have worked something out with them so that they would compensate you. Our on-site manager dedicated hours reaching out to Booking.com to resolve the issue.

If you are certain that the reservations were cancelled, I would advise that you dedicate your energy towards getting a compensation from them, as they should refund you if they made a mistake.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed 3 nights on business. Prime location in Old Montreal directly behind Notre Dame Cathedral. Many great restaurants nearby and waterfront is 10 minute walk.

The rooms are massive and the basic suite is 500 sq ft. The rooms have a kitchenette and pull-out couch.

The staff are very friendly and professional.

There is a restaurant and bar but I did not visit during my stay. If you arrive in a vehicle then the valet only parking is going to cost $32 a night + tip. The rooms are pricey too. I am a value traveller so this is why I gave only 4 stars.

Stayed: March 2018

Dear Derek G,

I am glad to see that overall you had a great stay. Although parking is an rare and expensive commodity in Old Montreal, we try to keep the price as reasonable as possible. At $32, we are still amongst the cheapest in the area, as many of our competitor charge close to $40 per night.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Dog-friendly!! Everyone we met at this hotel was friendly and helpful. The building itself is lovely, and our room was enormous. It was like a 1-bdrm apartment...little kitchen, living room, big windows, and clean. Highest recommendation for anyone wanting a great Old Montreal experience. It’s located right behind Cathédrale de Notre Dame. Price was outstanding. Thank you St. Sulpice.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Dexdrina,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your positive St-Sulpice experience.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I just spent three days at this hotel celebrating my birthday and it was just wonderful.

We were greeted warmly upon our arrival Thursday night by Manuel and the entire staff was solicitous and kind during our stay. The room was spacious, modern, clean and the room was well-appointed.

One of the best things about this hotel is how well-situated it is, steps away from all of the best restaurants, bars, shopping and spas in beautiful Old Montreal.

Highly recommend and we will definitely be back!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Marianne N,

Glad you had a great Birthday weekend! Thank you for mentioning Manuel's great work.

See you again soon!

Warm regards,

Yancik B.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Good location, staff. we were just a little disappointed for the fact that we were not aware of the renovation on the 6th floor. It started around 7:30 and became very laoud and noisy by 8:30. It would have been nice to know t at the time of reservation or at least a quick note on their website.

Room Tip: you don't need to rent a car, the location is wonderful.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank MaryToronto127

Dear MaryToronto127,

Thank you for staying at the St-Sulpice. I am sorry to hear you were bothered by construction noise. Noise should not have occurred at that time. I am hoping you made us aware on site so we could make it stop.

I apologize for the inconvenience.