1,272 results
All reviews old montreal great location make your own waffles valet parking free breakfast sofa bed office building rue saint paul yogurt notre dame living area front desk staff king suite mini fridge restaurants and shops business center within easy walking distance
Reviewed 5 April 2016

Really nice hotel with excellent staff. Prime location for old Montreal! They are under construction now so the exercise room was closed and the smell of paint was everywhere but the breakfasts were wonderful and the breakfast area very spacious. If I ever return to Montreal I will stay here!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank MNVoyageuse
Reviewed 3 April 2016

The hotel is in a great location and near all of the sights and you can easily walk to Notre Dame and Rue St. Paul and the Science Center. We thought we booked a one bedroom suite with a separate living and sleeping area and it was really a studio with a small wall between the sofa bed and the bedroom. We were disappointed. The staff at the hotel were not very friendly or helpful. The breakfast was mediocre at best. The property was being refurbished. This hotel has one thing going for it, the location for sightseeing.

Room tip: There is an office building very close to the hotel, higher floors do not have privacy.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank D C
SringHillManager, Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Old Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2016

Dear DC,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your comments. I understand your comments about the suite. You are right. Some of our guests do expect a wall separation or a separate room. It is not the way of SpringHill. We are at a disadvantage since we are the only SpringHill in Canada and people are unfamiliar with the brand.
The only thing I am very disappointed about is that you thought us unfriendly and unhelpful. This does not sound like my team at all. I sincerely apologize if you did not get the answers you were looking for and I will follow up with every one.
Thank you again for reaching out to us.
Dominique
Assist. General Manager

Reviewed 2 April 2016

We went to watch the Canadian Women's Soccer team play the Netherlands in Montreal for the women's world cup. We took Oma and three teenage girl soccer players. They loved this hotel. The suite was perfect for the six of us. They still talk about it. Perfect location and friendly knowledgeable staff.

Date of stay: June 2015
2  Thank 8BarbaraB
Reviewed 28 March 2016 via mobile

My wife, our 15 yr old daughter and I decided to stay one night at Springhill on our way back from Vermont. We booked this hotel because it had 2 double beds for three of us at an affordable price which included free breakfast. The hotel was going through some renovations but that did not deter our enjoyment of stay as they kept the reno at low key. The room was clean and enough room for an overnight stay. I would probably prefer more room if we stayed more nights as the layout of the room is open format with really no private bedroom space. It is very centrally located in Old Montreal so you can walk to everywhere. The hotel had valet parking at a reasonable price and staff were very friendly and helpful.

While we did not use the pool or the whirlpool, I would say that this hotel is very few in Old Montreal with a pool for families with small children. The pool, however, is small but large enough for small children to enjoy. The fitness room is tiny with treadmills and dumb bell weights so this is not advertised as a selling feature of the hotel.

The breakfast was mostly continental and staff kept the sitting areas clean at all times. They do have limited hot plates for scrambled eggs and sausages. The bonus is the waffle maker that you can make. It was a hit with children (and some adults).

If you are looking for a place for a small family, I would recommend this hotel. However, if you are a couple, there are other hotels in Old Montreal that are more compatible for adult couples.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Canadian_Vacationer2
Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

The hotel is located right in Old Montreal within walking distance of most attractions such at the Notre Dame cathedral and Place Jacque Cartier and restaurants.

The location is a bit difficult to find even with a GPS as it is located on a very small one way street and I missed it and had to make a number of turns to get back to the street.

They only offer valet parking and I'm glad they parked my car for me as the parking lot is tiny and narrow.

I was upgraded to a king suite with a pull out couch and a shared balcony on the 7th floor because of my membership with Marriott Rewards. Unfortunately, the balcony door was screwed shut so I couldn't go out there but did see other people out there checking it out.

The room was clean, spacious but like most downtown hotels, the view out the windows results in looking at an office building across the street.

The staff are friendly and knowledgeable about the local area.

Breakfast was in the 2nd floor and included some hot items (eggs, bacon or sausage, waffles) as well as the standard continental fare such as yogurt, bagels, breads, fruits, coffee and juices. Just get there early as the seating area is small and can get quite busy or plan on taking breakfast back up to your room.

All in a very good experience and I would stay there again w hen in the area.

The only complaint is that they had a problem with the hot water tank leaking on the day of check in and we were not notified of that the night before nor when we checked in, although there was a note on the checkin counter saying they would not have hot water from 9 - 4 that day. Turns out, the hot water wasn't back on until around 9:30 that night. It would also have been nice for them to inform us the hot water was back on instead of us trying the hot water every half hour. It would have been nice to have known this prior to check in so we can make a decision to stay somewhere else IF they weren't able to repair the problem. Once the hot water problem was solved, it was all good.

Trip type: Travelled with family