“Oh the Macarons!”

Ranked #64 of 122 Dessert in Montreal
Neighbourhood: Plateau Mont-Royal
Neighbourhood: Plateau Mont-Royal
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I didn't make it to the store although it was on my list of places to shop during my trip because La Maison had set up shop at the Palais des Congress Mall for the Nutcracker Market. The macarons are absolutely delicious and beautiful in display and variety. I bought a large box as a gift for the office. May seem a bit pricey but they're quite lovely. Makes for great gifts.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Right before we left Montreal I realized I hadn't bought any macarons! Did a quick search on my iPhone and this place popped up (as being close to where we were while driving.) We were able to find parking on le la Roche up from the bakery. This place as a modern vibe. It really easy to go across the counter picking which macarons you want. I forget which flavors we got, but I do remember they are were all awesome - ate them the next day after traveling back to the states. Traveled well in the box and stayed fresh.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

this place is such a cute bistro in Montreal. friendly service. get the macaroons they are amazing! my favorite were the caramel, pistachio and hazelnut. totally worth the cost if you like sweets.

Reviewed 6 October 2012

You dont have to travel to Paris to taste their lovely cakes,beautiful shop in Covent Garden,London!! Beware of the mint flavour,very strong mint leaves!! Very nice indeed!!

Reviewed 2 October 2012

I've discovered this place back in 2010 and I've been hooked ever since!

I live in Toronto and I usually visit Montreal at twice a year. Since I discovered this macaron gem, I make it a point (AND UTTERLY INSIST UPON IT!) to take a trip to La Maison du Macaron before heading back to Toronto.

Their macarons are a must try! THEY MAKE THE BEST PISTACHIO MACARONS! No other place can make a mean pistachio macaron like this place! The other flavours are very good too. Other flavours I like include white chocolate, coffee, caramel and hazelnut. I'm not too keen on fruity flavoured ones in general but they're also good for those who are fruity macaron lovers.

I've introduced a lot of my close friends to this place already and they're just as hooked as I am.

The only complain I have with this place is that they make limited edition flavours - such as caramel pecan which I tried last February - so addicting to the palette that it made me sad when I couldn't find it at the store anymore when I went back last June.

Overall, superb macaron and a definite must visit for all macaron lovers!

1  Thank mschocobo