“Step from home”
Review of Mirchi - CLOSED

Mirchi
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

I really enjoyed Indian food there. They brought some crisp bread and few dippings to start. I will come back soon.

ReponseClient, Responsable des relations publiques at Mirchi, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2016

Hi,

Thank you for this review. We are pleased to see that you enjoy your visit. We hope to see you really soon!

Have a nice day!

Reviewed 27 April 2016

THIS WAS JUST A PERFECT spot TO EAT. WHITE TABLE CLOTHS, pleasant lighting and most importantly absolutely wonderful India cuisine. The mango pickles are extraordinary.

ReponseClient, Responsable relations publiques at Mirchi, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2016

Hi,

Thank you so much for such a lovely review!

Come back soon!

Reviewed 20 April 2016

I went there for an early dinner with friends before an event. Mirchi is nicely located, close to most things in Old Montreal. It was a weekday on a blistery evening, so not many people. Even so, service was slow and not very attentive, although the waiter spoke both English and French.
The food was good, but not outstanding, the heat level of the spices not exaggerated. The prices are reasonable considering this restaurant is in the midst of a very touristy area. Soup, main and glass of Indian beer, including taxes and tip came to 35 $ per person.

ReponseClient, Responsable relations publiques at Mirchi, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2016

Hi,

Thank you for your visit and for your very detailed review! We greatly appreciate it!

We hope we get the chance to have you again soon!

Reviewed 9 January 2016

went for a lunch menu, they were not busy as they had just opened, placed my order then you could here the microwave dinging a terrible meal and the side veg was still cold and the main tasted like it had been sitting in a fridge for too long, keep away, yet there were three staff sitting around doing nothing.

ReponseClient, Responsable relations publiques at Mirchi, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2016

Hi Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are so sorry to read you didn't fully appreciate your experience with us. Your feedback will be shared with our whole team so that we can understand we happened and fix the situation as soon as possible.

Thank you and we hope we get the chance to have you again soon.

Reviewed 27 November 2015

The food was delicious and the staff was nice. Although this restaurant is in the Old Port, I felt the price was a little high. The portions were smaller than what I am used to in an Indian Restaurant. Although dessert was listed on the menu, it was not offered. The waiter was nice and answered our questions with a smile. However, he seemed more interested in talking with his friends than making sure we had a wonderful evening. I was able to take a doggy bag home with no problem. Also, the washrooms are a little small and are in need of repair. If I need to eat in a restaurant in that area again, I would gladly go back to Mirchi but if I'm in the mood for Indian food, there are a number of other Indian restaurants in Montreal and Longueuil that I would choose first. For my money, I usually get a better deal. Oh by the way, we loved the smells of the restaurant and again the food was great! Also, the menu did offer a lot of options which was appreciated.

ReponseClient, Responsable relations publiques at Mirchi, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2016

Hi Jacques,

Thank you so much for your great review! We are glad to read you loved our food, the smells of the restaurant and the wide variety of options we offer! Also, we would like to thank you for your suggestions and comments which will be shared with our whole team in order to improve.

We hope we get the chance to have you again very soon!