Hotel Le St-James
US$112
US$100
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$118/night.

US$184
US$120
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$134/night.

US$179
  • Pool
US$112
  • Breakfast included
US$128
US$121
Priceline
Hotel l'Abri du Voyageur(Montreal)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$96
Orbitz.com
Hotel Y Montreal(Montreal)(Great Value!)
US$75
W Montreal(Montreal)
US$290
US$263
WHotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbeautiful hotelbank buildingsuperior junior suiteold montrealroom serviceturn down serviceeach eveninghotel experiencebeautiful roomlarge bathroomthe ritzhigh ceilingsvisiting montrealxospaconciergedoorman
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We had two executive suites next door to each other. The hotel is older and the interior of the rooms are decorated in a traditional style. Rooms are dark as the windows are small, it was a bank in a prior life. Bathrooms are nice and the staff is friendly. This is not a five star hotel as the amenities are not available such as a pool and a large workout room. As the hotel is older, traffic and city noise can be heard easily. The location is great for seeing Old Montreal. We never ate dinner in the hotel but we ate breakfast which was well prepared and the servers were great. The dinner menu was very limited - I know I must be a dud but I am not in pursuit of eating rabbit. Concierge was very helpful and nice.

Room Tip: We had "Executive Suites" which made our rooms larger - but given that they are just well sized hotel rooms. No extra space - ask for a room high up and away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I travelled to Montreal for a friend's milestone Birthday in May. I chose Hotel Le St. James for a few reasons, but mostly to treat myself for a night of luxury. Based on most of the reviews I had read on Trip Advisor regarding luxury accommodations in Montreal, this was the place to stay.
I wasn't disappointed in the least.
Upon arrival I was greeted by professional staff, very confident in their positions which made me feel very much at ease. I was quite early for check in but this was not an issue at all, in fact I was upgraded and taken to my room by a very confident young woman who helped me plan out the few hours I had before I was to join my friend. I wanted to do some shopping, and every question I had regarding the area was answered. Efficient, knowledgable, and friendly... she was lovely. Wish I had noted her name.
The room was very elegant and extremely well appointed, the bathroom was large and finished in gorgeous soft grey marble. Molton Brown accessories, which I love.
The atmosphere was extremely relaxing throughout the room, and very fitting for Old Montreal.
What impressed me the most was in the evening when I was leaving the hotel to get a taxi over to my friend's....I felt so safe and so secure w the two young gentlemen who assisted me in acquiring this taxi. Upon my return, once again, treated w such care and concern....the taxi door was opened and I was ushered back into St.James like Royality.
That evening I filled out the breakfast menu, hung it on my door, and the next morning a basket of the most insanely gorgeous and rich chocolate croissants complete w a large, silver, carafe of coffee was promptly delivered....heaven.
I would say that if you want to know how "the other half" lives, if you enjoy and appreciate old world sophistication, and you could absolutely be treated like Royality then treat yourself, stay at Le St.James. I know I will be back.
Thank you to all the staff for making my stay truly memorable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Very disappointed in this hotel.As a frequent traveler I have stayed in many gorgeous hotels and as a architectural edifice the St James is worth the trip to Montreal on it's own.The problem lies within the hotel walls(literally) as I made my way to the restaurant I noticed something in the corner of my eye but dismissed it,later on I made my way to the "library" sat down and was shocked at the site of a mouse running from one end of the room to the other,I informed a member of the staff and I was told this problem has been going on for a couple of weeks.I never review hotels or restaurants,but at this price point !!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
10  Thank john n
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We thought this was a lovely hotel with a nice, large room, great service and a gorgeous restaurant. You can easily walk to the Old Town and taxis are usually outside waiting on guests that need a ride to a destination. A special perk here is the library where you can order a drink until 3am. We would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the 10th floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dldarcy
Reviewed 9 August 2014

While my husband and I were very comfortable in our corner jr suite - the service was a bit lacking at times. The desk staff was very friendly and helpful - but small things were sometimes overlooked. Calling for ice - or the room service table to be picked up- took a long time. We asked the concierge to make us a dinner reservation and had to ask about it twice before it was confirmed the next day. We dined at XO and it was good and very elegant - but we would not go again. Very expensive and not fantastic. Overall this is a lovely small hotel with very nice rooms and good walking distance to the main part of Old Montreal.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple