“Best fish and chips”

Comptoir 21
Ranked #838 of 5,853 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Neighbourhood: The Village (Gay Village)
Reviewed 21 June 2017

A restaurant to revisit each time in Montréal for arguably the best tasting fish and chips. The 2 piece meal is tasty and filling, although the clam chowder soup could have been served hotter.

There are newer reviews for Comptoir 21

Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

Service is as good as the food in this Classy little diner on Ste Cath with consistently great fish and chips. Generous portions of fish and even more golden crispy fries. Creamy clam chowder and the perfect oyster crackers.
Homemade sauces and mayo!
All 80s music all time - what more could you want?

Reviewed 15 December 2016

Fish and chips, chowder and calamari rings are found on the menu. Not being too hungry I had the calamari basket which came with a tartar sauce. I was OK but not great. Both the appearance and taste where somewhat bland and the uniformity of the coating made me think the rings were more food service than homemade. Service was minimal but fine. I forgot to lay down a tip on the counter (I am a consistent and good tipper) and the waitress demonstrated great alacrity to point out that I hadn't tipped her.

Reviewed 20 October 2016

We attend the restaurant on Wellington Street in Verdun Quebec. I have been to this restaurant a few times and everything is exceptional. The beer is good, the fish great, the poutine generous and rich. My son has had the steak sandwich more than once - he recommends it. Take out is excellent as well.

Reviewed 11 September 2016

It has been a long time I wanted to go. We finally decided to go on Saturday September 10th. We ordered the Shrimp Tempura with the Thai Sauce....EXCELLENT!!!

Yes it's greasy a bit, but sooooooo good! :)
I will go back for sure!