“Love the W”
Review of W Montreal

W Montreal
Ranked #22 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

We love staying at any W hotel chain. The hotel is modern and always has great music playing.
We got a deal on a wonderful room with view (supposedly) from the w page. Its definitely worth going to their website to check out the printings and then to call the reservation desk. They will help you get the best deal.

The room was a decent size with a cool bathroom, bar fridge, TV. The bathroom has robes, amazing bliss products (body butter mnnn), and an adorable little rubber ducky to top it off. The shower had a blue glass wall that was next to the bed so you can give your significant other a show. I guess not ideal for friends rooming together.

There is no pool at this location but there is a spa and a gym.

Wifi in the lobby is free but mine stayed connected when i got the room at no charge. My tip, start inn the lobby, make sure the charger is $0, and maybe it will hold. Otherwise, its $15 in the room.

The park view isn't a park at all (at least not in the winter) but just a small rectangle of space bw 2 roads.

There is some construction going on at a nearby corner that woke us up early on the Saturday morning.

The concierge is very good and all the restaurants he recommended were excellent.

Always buy the hotel CD if you enjoy the lobby beats.

There is a fancy restaurant in the hotel, a dance bar that doesn't get busy till very late, an upstairs quieter lounge, and a teeny bar behind reception.

I would have given the rooms a 5 but my side table had drips of red drink residue left from the last guest all over it.

*definitely sign up to be a spg guest (their loyalty points card-free). With only 1 visit under our belt we got a free bottle of water, upgraded room, and 4 pm check out.

This is the only W in Canada. Check it out.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Scrumble
Write a ReviewReviews (1,499)

Reviewed 23 February 2013

I was hoping for a quiet and relaxing getaway with my boyfriend for valentine's day but what I got was soo much better ! The room was beautiful and being from Montreal I was able to run all my errands because the middle of downtown is just a 5 minute walk. We got incredible service on every aspect... Parking, check in, room service, you name it... It was great ! The food was very good and not over priced ! I had brought movies just in case we had a DVD player but even though it isn't in the room from the start, a quick call to the front desk and someone came up within 5 minutes and hooked it up for us ! All in all... One of the best hotel experiences I've had in a long time ! Highly recommended !

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank kassigirl09
MtlWInsider, Manager at W Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

Dear Guest,

What a wonderful review! Thank you for sharing your experience.

It sounds like you had a wonderful time with us during your Valentine’s Day getaway! We are really pleased to see that our entire team and our ideal location contributed to make this special occasion a lovely one to remember.

We look forward to welcome you during your next visit in Montréal!

Reviewed 18 February 2013

I've stayed at the W for work and fun and almost and it's consistently been a great experience.
The staff is extremely friendly and helpful: from the front desk to room service personnel, every one is always friendly and smiling.
They manage to convey a very warm feel that makes each stay feel like being at home! Overall, they set the bar for me in terms of hotel service. Now everywhere i go i expect the same service and friendliness as at the W Montreal....which most of the time is not matched.
The location of the hotel is perfect and is the perfect anchor for any visit to Montreal. If you're coming in winter it's even connected to the city's underground path system.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor - above 5 is ok. Rooms ending with 16 are very nice corner suites!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Julien S

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for writing this beautiful review about W Montréal.
The location of our hotel is indeed ideal for those who want to discover the city as well as the underground city which is greatly appreciated during the winter season!

We are glad to hear that you have been able to feel at home with us and that our enthusiastic staff always goes above and beyond to make your stay even more enjoyable. We will definitely pass along your kinds words to the team!

We hope to welcome you back during your next stay in Montréal.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

Our stay at the W was nothing short of outstanding. The hotel itself has a very young hip vibe. Our room, although small, was very clean and had a lovely view (we requested this and they immediately changed our reservation to accommodate us). The room's decor was modern and sexy. The shower is separated from the rest of the room only by a large glass window so those with a need for privacy beware. As a couple we found this detail fun and very appropriate as the reason for our visit was a Valentine's getaway.
I was most impressed with the service. Every staff member we interacted with was incredibly friendly, willing to help, and went above and beyond to make our stay at the W a special one.
My only complaint would be that the food was not great. We ordered room service for dinner and breakfast and I found both meals to be "just ok" and definitely not worth the price.

Overall I was thoroughly impressed with the W Montreal. I would absolutely recommend and will definitely return!

Room Tip: I recommend asking for a room with a view that is away from the hotel bar/lounge and plays music unt...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at W Montréal and for posting this nice review.

We love when our guests come to W Montréal to celebrate special occasions like Valentine’s Day.

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay among us! It is our pleasure to accommodate to our guests’ wishes when possible. It is also great to see that you enjoyed the design of our rooms with its electric blue accents and the open bathroom concept!

Please be assured that we will share your positive feedback with our team.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Best regards,

Reviewed 15 February 2013

Whenever I travel out to Montreal, I look nowhere else to stay but the W! Nice hip hotel close to everything in the city. The rooms are very clean and found nothing to complain about them. Although the rooms are a bit small, but its not a big deal for me since all I need the room for is to sleep. The club and lounge areas on the hotel are also pretty cool, alot of pretty women to see.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends