“Stay Away from this Place”
Review of Hotel 7 Saisons

Hotel 7 Saisons
Hotel 7 Saisons
Ranked #139 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 5 December 2014

As the title suggests, stay away from here if you want a peaceful sleep. I arrived there at 1:00am after travelling for 27 hours, as I entered the front door a woman who appeared to look like a woman of the night came in with a younger man, she must have had the room above mine because there was a lot of noise above me until all hours in the morning. The room had cigarette smell despite the signs saying it was non smoking and was so small it was difficult to open your suitcase, no lift only stairs so be prepared to haul your luggage up plenty of stairs and, my Niece had arrived at the Hotel earlier in the day and advised me that I should expect plenty of visits from the Police as there was a Drug Overdose before I arrived. I really didn't think the neighborhood was a really safe one when I saw it in the daylight, I couldn't get out of there quick enough.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank pogo1949

Reviewed 25 November 2014 via mobile

If you dont mind staying in a hotel and being visited everyday by the police... As soon as i arrived there were police officers behind me to arrest a guy having drugs and who's heart had stopped. As for the room it smells like cigarettes it is clean but the bathrooms no, also dont be surprised by hookers and drunk people coming back at 4am disturbing you, not to mention the location not very safe. If you are looking for a cheap hotel and dont mind the location or who is staying next to you(possibly a drug addict) thats the place

• Stayed: November 2014
3  Thank Zeinou
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have read a lot of comments about this hotel and frankly, I arrived to it really worried. It is true that the hotel does not have elevator (as many hotels in Canada), and I had the bad luck to have my room in the third and last floor. I had to carry my luggage upstairs in a narrow and steep steps. My worries were about the bedroom. But I have to say that I didn't find any mouse or any bedbug. The room was very old, that's true. But it was really clean. I also slept very well. I didn't hear any noise during the nights (and I staid there for 5 nights). And the room smelt good and clean. The service desk people were all very kind. Summarizing, if I ever go again to Montréal, I'll probably stay here again. It is an old hotel, but it is cheap, in the city center and well communicated with the metro and buses.

Room Tip: If your luggage is not to heavy, ask for a room in the last floor. You will not hear any noise durin...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Sabi_Kini
Reviewed 28 May 2014

At first we were really nervous about that hotel, after reading reviews and because it was also very cheap. However, at first look everything looked clean and the staff was really friendly and welcoming.

Although, when we came to our room we were shocked. Everything was smelling of cigarettes and there were burn-holes in the comforter.
We literally got sick from that smell and although the staff tried hart to make the smell go away, we could not stay in this hotel.

Furthermore, the neighborhood wasn't really safe and we were 2 girls - so we were pretty scared walking around there.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank jpetkowitsch
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Was nervous about staying here after reading reviews but seriously we loved being here..loved the room - it was cute and had character. The building has been here since 1834 so don't expect the Hilton..there are constant repairs being completed on this heritage building. The staff were so friendly and helpful - that made it even better. For the price you pay - its a bargain. Walking distance to metro as well. Staff even gave us their carpark so we didnt have to pay the $10 at the garage. Never saw a bed bug - room very very clean!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple