All reviews ethiopian restaurant african theme no elevator blue nile leopard print fire escape restaurant downstairs espresso machine valet parking junior suite rue st denis fourth floor sherbrooke metro station full kitchen dining table small hotel within walking distance
Reviewed 21 February 2017

The room and service was lovely. From the African themed decor, to the modern appliances, it was simply breath taking. The complimentary breakfast on Saturday was delicious and a perfect meal to start our weekend. Not to mention, it is steps away from the best East African food in Montreal, we couldn't have found a better place to stay.

Date of stay: February 2017
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Friendly and helpful staff, great location for metro or 30 minute walk downtown, great room, great stay. Room has fridge, hob, and microwave. Plenty restaurants close by.

The only problem I had was ............... how to use the coffee machine

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 16 February 2017

My S/O and I stayed at Hotel Kutuma for a mini break in Montreal. What a charming quirky spot! I had been worried that the safari decor would be over the top and tacky - used to hide an aging interior and facilities. But NO! The functional amenities were not dated at all, they were lovely and up to standard (and the decor was actually a lot of fun - very unique). The hotel and room were immaculately clean and the staff were friendly and accommodating. Lovely add on of valet parking since they are in downtown Montreal and especially if there's snow, that's a life saver. I would have liked to stay longer - especially in the summer - as our room had a nice little balcony with table and chairs but we were there during a blizzard so we passed.

Reviewed 21 January 2017

We have been traveling to Montreal for years and have stayed in many places. Kutuma was one of the absolute best!. Excellent location, beautiful room with kitchenette, friendly staff, lovely tiny balcony and fantastic Ethiopian restaurant on the first floor. This will be our go to hotel from now on. Absolutely satisfied on all dimensions

Room tip: 402 was great. Small but comfortable with a great bathroom and kitchenette. Very quiet.
Reviewed 18 January 2017

Honestly this is the best place of have ever stayed in my fifteen years of travelling for work throughout Canada and the USA. The rooms are perfect, the food is exceptional and the staff at this hotel deserve a standing ovation! I cannot recommend this hotel enough. You will not be disappointed!

Room tip: I only stayed in the Queen standard room but will stay in another one when I return next month!
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
6979, Front Desk Receptionist at Hotel Kutuma, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2017

Hi Shelley,
Thank you very much for the review! It is very warming to hear that your stay was excellent. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Cheers,