US$129
US$195
US$193
US$144
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$170/night.

US$129
US$122
US$141
US$137
  • Room Service
Gite du Plateau Mont-Royal(Montreal)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$62
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$70/night.

Samesun Montreal Central(Montreal)(Great Value!)
US$114
  • Breakfast included
HI Montreal Hostel(Montreal)(Great Value!)
US$83
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsethiopian restaurantafrican themeno elevatorleopard printthemed decorafrican foodrestaurant downstairsvalet parkingrue st denisbig tubjunior suitefull kitchensherbrooke metro stationfirst floorcoffee machinedining tablesmall hotel
Reviewed 19 September 2017

This small boutique hotel in le Plateau area is amazing value for money. We paid less to stay in this luxurious boutique hotel than what an air bnb apartment costs in the area. We loved our room, a roomy, comfortable, luxurious feeling studio apartment with cooking amenities, king bed and huge ensuite bathroom with big deep bath!
Only a short walk to nearest metro, although is still walkable to old port area within 30mins. The hotel is surrounded by understated trendy boutique shops, cafes and restaurants. A few vegan and vegetarian restaurants nearby too.
We are in the attached Ethiopian restaurant which served delicious hearty food, great atmosphere and a unique dining experience.
Definitely recommend staying here when visiting Montreal as first choice

Room Tip: Can recommend room 403
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
KutumaReception, Manager at Hotel Kutuma, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to welcome you again soon.
Hotel Kutuma

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Beautiful suite with complete kitchen. The refrigerator was larger than the one we have at home! The bathroom was pristine and high end. It included a bidet, heart shaped whirl pool tub and a unique large shower head suspended over the tub. We slept very well in the lap of luxury.

Room Tip: The brushed glass see-through bathroom door was awkward for family travel.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
KutumaReception, Front Office Manager at Hotel Kutuma, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to welcome you again soon!
Hotel Kutuma

Reviewed 10 September 2017

This was a very small hotel- almost the feel of a very upscale townhouse B&B. There is a restaurant downstairs, and the bedrooms are upstairs. We were a little concerned at first because the cab driver made a face when we pulled up, but were greeted with super friendly staff (who took our luggage early because we'd disembarked from a cruise in the early morning), offering coffee and was very welcoming and helpful. When we returned for check-in time, we were helped with our bags up the steps, and directed to a beautifully appointed, African themed room. It was surprisingly luxurious and comfortable, and a welcomed respite after hiking all over the very hilly city! It was within walking distance of several neighborhoods: the restaurants and shops on St. Denis, the Plateau, and the Gay Village. It's an easy Uber or taxi ride if you don't want to walk back. It's also within walking distance to Mont Royal (but that's quite a hike up once you've walked there)! We could even get there from a Hop-on/hop-off bus stop.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

My primary reason for booking this hotel was because it was close to the Pride events that were going on the weekend I was in town, and the price was reasonable in comparison with the other hotels. I booked a penthouse because it was the only one available, and it wasn't very expensive so I didn't think much of it. But wow, once I stepped foot into the room I was blown away. I wish I could have stayed here longer to really experience everything the hotel had to offer.

The service got off to an excellent start as we were offered complimentary wine right when we got in, despite getting in fairly late around midnight. The receptionist still welcomed us with a warm smile and didn't seem at all irritated that he had to sit there and wait for us for hours while our train was delayed. That's superb service for you.

The location of the hotel is very close to McGill and is close to most of the tourist destinations. It's next to a number of quaint cafes and chill restaurants, and is not overly busy. I did find it a little odd that the reception area of the hotel was extremely tiny, and almost merged with the first floor restaurant, but that can't really be helped. It is a bit awkward to walk into the hotel straight in front of diners dining at the restaurant attached to the hotel, but can't really do much about that.

The actual penthouse suite was impeccable. It came with a HUGE jacuzzi which we never got to use because our itinerary was so booked, but I really wish I had a chance to enjoy it. The room also had a large kitchen with a dining table and even a balcony. It felt quite French, and a perfect place to enjoy a romantic breakfast (though I'm personally not the romantic type lol). The room is very couple-y and even comes with leopard print duvets, so it's good to keep that in mind if you're planning on staying with someone platonic. But regardless, it was great value considering what we paid, and a similar room would've cost at least double or triple in other urban cities.

It is good to keep in mind that there is no elevator in the hotel, and we had to climb up four flights of stairs to get to the penthouse. They do explicitly ask if you need help with the luggage on the way up and on the way down, but this place might not be accessible for everyone.

I especially liked that they did not rush us to checkout right on time (huge pet peeve of mine) and I got to leave feeling well-rested. I just wish I got to stay longer. All in all, I highly recommend this boutique hotel, and I'm sure I will return again on my further visit to Montreal.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christopher Z
Reviewed 29 August 2017

The room was very clean and had lots of space. Having a kitchenette in the room is great. The only improvements that could be made would be to provide more towels and put heavier curtains on the window to fully block out the security light for the fire escape

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
KutumaReception, Front Desk Reception at Hotel Kutuma, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Thank you for your feedback! We greatly appreciate it and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hotel Kutuma soon.

Hotel Kutuma Reception