All reviews montreal airport cote vertu full size fridge courtyard hotel comforts of home minute drive business trip excellent hotel breakfast buffet rooms are clean fitness room walking distance small kitchenette shuttle service choose this hotel front desk staff excellent stay
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Staff were polite and professional. The room I stayed in was equipped with a small kitchenette but didn't use at all.

Had buffet style breakfast in the hotel restaurant. There were some food choices/selection that I haven't seen typically served.
Location: Although the name of the Residence Inn implies it's near the airport, it'd found the drive to be approximately 15 minutes away. You definitely cannot walk to it.
Additionally, there's literally another Marriot adjacent to the 6500 address. If you're being shuttled, make sure you know what your address is.

Hotel Shuttle: There's a free shuttle but it's best to call to check if the shuttle is still running and how long. I'd arrive after 10:00 pm and when I called the hotel, they said that the shuttle will arrive in approx. 20 minutes.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Ana O, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2017

Dear Guest,

We thank you for sharing your experience with us, and are happy to hear about your stay at the Marriott Residence Inn Montreal Airport Hotel.

We take great pride in all of our guests experiences, I will make sure to share your comments with the team.

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

After a good experience in August, we decided to stay again even though our activities took place more centrally. The combination of the high quality of the suite with a full kitchen, the good quality and atmosphere of the included breakfast, the free parking (but read on about theft risk), the strong wifi, and the decent pool with hot tub make the hotel a winner. Staff are friendly, helpful and responsive.

The inside of the hotel is attractive and functional (the outside is unimpressive). It simply works. I find that many free hotel breakfasts are hectic and crowded, but not here. The breakfast area is very nicely furnished and very spacious so the experience was relaxing.

We discovered that there is a glow in the dark mini golf place with an arcade in the same complex as the movie theatre just down the street within walking distance. That added points to the hotel in my son's evaluation.

One disappointment that I had not read of previously on TripAdvisor is that the parking is high risk for vehicle theft. While looking to see if it would be safe to park my car with luggage elsewhere in the city after checkout, I came across an article from CTV Montreal dated Nov 4, 2016, which reported the top places for vehicle theft in the city between Jan 2015 and Sept 2016. The top areas for stolen cars were airport hotel parking lots. In that period, 28 cars were stolen from Beaulac St and Place Robert Jonas, which is the (free and open) lot shared by Residence Inn and the Courtyard. Because this issue was clearly widespread among airport hotels (see news article for other high risk locations) as well as shopping malls along the freeway, and the parking is free, I don't fault the hotel but it is something to be aware of since you really do park at your own risk.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Ana O, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

Reviewed 24 February 2017

This hotel had everything my family needed. The swimming pool was a good size and there was plenty of space for my kids to swim and play. The parking and wifi were free and the hotel's location was convenient, right off the thruway and easy to find. The buffet breakfast included in the room rate was much better than I expected in terms of both the quality of the food offered and the variety of choices. There is a restaurant that offers a good selection of menu items for both children and adults. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable and the rooms were clean and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Montreal.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your comments, and are happy to hear about your experience at the Marriott Residence Inn Montreal Airport Hotel.

We take great pride in all of our guests experiences, I will make sure to share your positive comments with the team.

Reviewed 7 February 2017

My husband and I stayed here for a little over a month. The first thing I would like to comment on is the staff at this hotel (as the title states!).

After a few nights here, I felt stuffed up and decided it was the dry air in the room. After mentioning this to a front desk staff member, she offered to send a humidifier up to our room, which definitely helped. Also, any time we needed something (and had asked that our room not be serviced for that day), they fulfilled that need within 5 minutes or less after calling. In addition, staff members gave us great suggestions with regard to shopping, restaurants, etc. In general, the staff was always pleasant, helpful, and accommodating - they really went above and beyond to ensure our stay was comfortable. Breakfast was good, however, a little more variety would have been better (e.g. Hash browns available on weekends, but not on weekdays). We were glad, however, to have soymilk available for coffee! That was a great touch for our mornings!

The only reason for not giving 5 stars is that the kitchen was equipped with either really cheap pots and pans, or a bottom of the line counter top stove (or both?). The stove was difficult to control, everytime time we fried, sautéed, etc. something, it would burn and/or smoke within less than one minute (even after turning the burner down to min). While we managed to deal with this for the entire month, the smoke alarm did go off on one occasion, which was frustrating....yet, the staff called immediately to see if all was okay and a staff member was in our room within 3 minutes to turn the alarm off.

Aside from the aforementioned difficulties with the stove - clean, well equipped rooms and a fantastic staff!

Room tip: Try to book a room away from lobby entrance
Date of stay: January 2017

Reviewed 11 January 2017

I have stayed at Residence Inns before and this hotel did not disappoint. It the ONLY hotel in the airport area to offer a full kitchen in-suite. Having a mini fridge can be a little tedious and not everything fits and I prefer to cook vs warming everything up in the microwave.We were on the 6th floor, the room was nice and spacious, With the layout, it was like home, I really felt like I was in my Condo. Thank you to Milagros in housekeeping, the lovely and friendly lady that would come to fix my room everyday.

Free Wifi, Gym has a good amount of treadmills, elliptical, and bikes and there is even a separate weight room. There is also a nice size pool. If needed, Front desk will give you change for the laundry, I think it was $3 a load whether washing or drying and if you don't bring your own laundry soap, you can get some from the hotel.

The breakfast buffet was great, so much hot and cold variety!! More than I have seen in a hotel offering breakfast in a while and I have been travelling for two months now! I was especially happy with the red grapes and brie, the various veggie/turkey/chicken sausage offerings (nice change from Bacon pork sausage - they did still have these) and the evening social which could consist of a meat dish and salad or one night they did a dessert bar with waffles and such. I would like to give a special thanks to the ladies at the breakfast buffet (Angelita and Franca), they were so sweet and friendly, and I appreciate they took the time to know me by name and wish me a happy morning everyday!

There are some restaurants close by, a movie theatre, Tim Hortons and a Super Wal-Mart for anything you need like groceries or that laundry soap. 15min walk on a nice day or approx 5 min drive.

My only suggestion is that it would be so great if the hotel had smart TV's so we could use our Netflix account, I have seen Marriott hotels in the US with this so hopefully it will make its way up here too.

Other than that, a totally fantastic stay and I would gladly come back!!
Thank you to the ladies who really made my week enjoyable!!

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Ana O, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2017