“Fantastic birthday afternoon ... and highly recommended!”
Review of Beaufort

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Rosemont-La Petite-Patrie
Description: For all !
Reviewed 25 July 2016

Since returning to the UK I have wanted to give a special mention to this wonderful little restaurant in Little Italy - which in my opinion is a MUST VISIT if you are in the area / visiting the local markets.

On my birthday in June, we found ourselves in this neighbourhood and thought that this lovely little restaurant with its outside tables was the right place to have lunch.

As it was my birthday, we decided to treat ourselves to champagne and to try as much on the menu as we could. We had excellent gazpacho and steak bavette and deserts.

The waitress, Karin, was fantastic and looked after us very well indeed. Not only did she have an expert knowledge of the food on the menu, she also gave us some great tips for things to do / places to see in Montreal. A real asset to the restaurant indeed.

And, imagine my joy when writing this review, that I saw that our lovely neighbours from the next table have also left a similar review! Hello and best wishes from us! What a great afternoon we had chatting and laughing.

Overall - great food, great neighbourhood location, great wine and champagne. And, fantastic service, clientele and ambience!

There are newer reviews for Beaufort

Reviewed 6 June 2016

On a warm and sunny spring Saturday afternoon we sat down on the terrace of the Beaufort Cafe and were soon joined at the next table by two men who were visiting Montreal from London. Three hours and two bottles of champagne later, we left Beaufort with the warmest feelings imaginable. The server, Karin, was a special delight and the food, including gazpacho, a cheeseburger, fries, and chocolate cake, were simply superb. Hello Sebastian and Nigel! Thank you so much, Karin!

Reviewed 23 April 2016

I'm actually not sure how to rate this place. It's cute, nice atmosphere, lively and helpful staff, and the food was good. I ordered the octopus and muscle plate. The salad was great, the red tomato sauce on the octopus isn't really my thing, I could have done without and I thought was missing something. It was just red sauce which seemed to have no taste. (I'm Italian. Sauce needs flavour, what can I say?!) The platter it was served on I think is a cool idea, but pretentious for no reason. Hubby ordered a tartar which I actually thinks he makes a way better one himself at home. BUT, as I mentioned, I don't know how to rate this as I still really liked the place. Maybe it was the staff and the people, and the food WAS good. See for yourself, Give it a try. It's not a disappointment, it's just not what I expected.

Reviewed 15 October 2015

The food is always creative and consistently good. The Norwegian meatballs are a must try as well as the tartar, of course. The service is good but casual, so just know that going into it that the place is a bit of a cafe too, so the feeling is not super upscale. But! Great food at a great price and a comfortable atmosphere. We have been here at least five or six times in the past two years and it is always good! Looking forward to the next one!

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

This Restaurant is the perfect example of inconsistent food in my opinion. We have been here about 4 times and service and dishes were really different every time. The small cafe feel is charming but, I really don't feel like any of this food took a culinary degree to figure out. The glare from people's laptops makes one wonder if you are dining at Starbucks.

I know the place is under new management thus maybe things will turn around soon. It's a neighborhood spot that stays alive thanks to the surroundings and I really do wish them the best but consistency needs to be addressed.

1  Thank Jennybelly