“Unmemorable meal”

1000 Grammes
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: The Village (Gay Village)
Reviewed 3 September 2017

1000 grammes is an average sandwich place. Stopped by for lunch with the family and we had a pretty non-memorable meal. The good – it had great variety for mom/dad and picky daughter and hungry son. The average – we were discussing the meals we had at the end of our stay in Montreal and no one could remember what they had. I ended up referring to the receipt – one of us had the El Super Guido which had chicken, avocado, salsa and cheese and was probably the best sandwich of the bunch. I had the Sky which had chicken, avocado, pineapple, mango among the ingredients. While the mango and pineapple were generous, I don’t really remember them having much taste – they certainly didn’t add much to the sandwich. My son had the traditional – which was kinda over-breaded. The bread was tasty but so thick that we cut it down for him. The daughter had her favorite – bagel with cream cheese which she enjoyed. I also had a margarita which, again, was OK. Didn’t really get much alcohol and it wasn’t that sour taste you like from a margarita.
This place was real close to our place in Montreal and thus too convenient to avoid. If I stayed at the same place, we’d probably go again but I wouldn’t go out of my way for this place.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Anthony and I attended this restaurant in mid-August 2017. The atmosphere was great, the table faced the street with an open, airy concept. I ordered a weak vodka drink - Montreal is very strict on only pouring a scant shot for each mixed drink - and a quesadilla without olives. Anthony got the shepherds pie and a beer. He enjoyed both. My meal was brought to me and the waiter said the cook told him there was no way to remove the olives, but there were not many. I was suspicious - if the item is pre-made and can't be edited, why bring the dish? Anyhow, I said ok and the waiter left. First, what I got wasn't a quesadilla. It was more like a taco salad in a shell, except the "salad" was the quesadilla filling. I put my fork in and took off the top layer and found approximately 2 cups of blacks olives. There were so many I couldn't pick around them. I flagged the waiter down and let him know and he said he would have the kitchen staff fix it. Sine he already told me that they couldn't serve the dish without olives, I said no thanks, I would just stick with the drink. He apologized and in the end, I didn't pay for the food or the drink. So, the food is probably ok if you don't need to alter it any.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Walked past here several times and admired the façade - stopped in for a late night dessert and was not disappointed. Wait staff very helpful, food was good, location is top notch.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Having just arrived in Montreal we stopped by for a quick bite for lunch.
Service was friendly, food was ok, nothing special but tasty enough and certainly filled a gap - a massive sandwich in thick tasty dark bread and a croque monsieur on baguette both with some nachos and salad with a tasty salsa dressing. The pinot noir wine was lovely!

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

Randomly came here with a group of friends looking for lunch after doing axe throwing at a place nearby (yeah, apparently axe throwing is a thing!).

Anyways service was a little slow but the staff was friendly. They had a lunch deal where you pick something from their lunch specific menu and you can get a beer for $2. I had the turkey quesadilla which was very nice; and the French onion soup which was a little watery... ok but not the best French onion soup.

Anyways this was a pleasant little find. Check it out!