“Neighborhood Gem”
Review of Gandhi

Gandhi
Reserve with OpenTable
Gandhi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #169 of 5,948 Restaurants in Montreal
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Transit: Metro Place D'Armes / Place d'Armes Metro station
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Discovered Gandhi accidentally while walking around Old Montreal and what a find!

This is not fast food, so be prepared to wait. Everything about the menu is well done, down to the rice and naan. The best part of the menu is that they describe the different sauces so that you can choose how your like your meat or vegetable prepared.

The wine list is also good and fairly priced.

Best of all, the staff is friendly and helpful. When it's really busy, they are not fast, but the wait is always worth it.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

I took my husband to this restaurant as I had eaten there before with my daughter and had always had good experiences. Not this time. The wine on the limited wine list was unavailable and no comparable wine was offered. The food was extremely slow in arriving and diners around us were complaining about the very slow service. When the food did arrive it could best be described as tepid. I will not be going back. A new Indian restaurant has opened along the street and I will be heading there on my next trip to Montreal.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

It was good but not as good as we had hoped. The service though was fantastic. We were very hopeful that we'd get a high quality curry. I think our mistake was ordering the set menu (and having to order it a bit bland to accommodate our kids). It ran the price up considerably and maybe caused the food to be 'Americanized' for our tastes. We are used to wonderful Indian restaurants in the UK and were hoping for the same. We should've just ordered our favorites and something more plain for the kids. If craving Indian, I would recommend it.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

We ate lunch here and they have a nice priced lunch special. The problem was we selected curries and the curries had minimal sauce and quite large chunks of onion and peppers to give the serving volume. With Indian curries, it’s nice to spread the sauce on the basmati rice. Also it’s fun to dip your nan bread into the sauce. The absence of sauce and minimal taste made this meal a flop.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

We were welcomed by a very helpful person, I'm not sure if he was manager or owner, but was really nice. Food was good, several vegan options, deliciously prepared, and was not expensive. The complementary appetizer was very good! A hidden gem because the neighborhood is filled with touristic traps!