“Fun”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Plateau Mont-Royal
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

That was fun! We waited in line on busy Saturday morning for about fifteen minutes. The wait is a little less for two people as you can sit at the bar. The server was very friendly and knew what to recommend to us. We got two smoked meat sandwiches, a plate of fries and a pickle. Don't come here to eat anything else, the meat the tender and melt in your mouth. It's also not overly salty as I expected it to be. Just the perfect little meal for me.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,019)

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Had a friend tell me this was a must try, so I caught a bus from the historic district near the water front up to the shop one afternoon.

I was there in mid winter so there wasn’t a line up and the staff were lovely from the moment I walked in the door and prepared my food fresh in front of me.

The sandwich was tasty, as were the fries (but with the size of the sandwich they definitely weren’t necessary).

Overall I really enjoyed the food and the experience and I would definitely recommend a visit if you’re in town.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We went here because of all the hype. It was good, it’s unique because you can’t find smoked meat like that in other cities, but I wouldn’t go back. Good to try once, but I think there’s better things to eat. It’s become more of a T-shirt selling landmark rather than a great thing to eat. Glad I tried it once though. I bought chocolate babka at the bakery beside which was amazing though. And the street and shops nearby makes it worth it to visit the area.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

A small place with a lot of people looking for something: The best smoked meat sandwich!
A delicious sandwich that is worth the waiting list.
The place is not nice but the service is quite efficient and the food is great.
The price is good but is only cash!
A place you won't regret visiting

Reviewed 30 March 2018

For a quaint old style deli of hustle bustle all jammed into a tiny little room on St. Laurant you wouldn't expect what I would call the best smoked meat sandwich your money could buy! But that's exactly what you get. It has been this busy since it opened and will be until the world runs out of brisket!