“Fantastic food!”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Saint-Léonard
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

If you want to eat at a Fabulous restaurant, you need to eat at Gallo Nero in St Leonard! What a great meal!
I had the grilled sirloin steak and the meat was tender and delicious and cooked to perfection.
Also had the pasta which was a split plate with a delicious red sauce penne pasta on one side (btw I scooped up the sauce with bread after I finished it), and the other half was orecchiette pasta with rapini and sausage.
It was an authentic Italian meal ending with a piece of lemoncello cake and a capucino.
If you like Italian food and want an amazing meal This place has it all. Many in my group had the salmon and yes it was grilled; everyone said it was really really good. I had an awesome time with my family.
The restaurant has a good wine list and friendly service.
Thanks Tony!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We attended my parents 50ieth wedding anniversary at Gallo Nero and the food was good, and fairly priced for an open bar experience!! The owner offered to book a complimentary organ player to play authentic italian music, they were accommodating and friendly.

1  Thank Joleva
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

This was actually one of my favorite Italian restaurant we went for dinner,,everything was perfectly prepared with an authentic touch!
We had the veal chop!omg!So juicy and tender!The pastas are also amazing!
I will definitely return,also very important to mention the restrooms are immaculate and crispy clean!!

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We reserved for two on a weekend. Plenty of reviews here will confirm the food is excellent. The antipasti bar was great.

However, the highlight of our romantic evening was the singer/ accordion player. His traditional songs will transport you to a different era.

2  Thank Daniel E
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Food was amazing had the sausage and rapini and it was a perfect meal for a successful business lunch. Highly recommend if you want a place to sit and talk. Professional service with class and high quality food. A must if you want to impress.