Auberge J.A. Moisan
Free cancellation until 30/05
US$211
US$171
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$239/night.

Auberge Aux Deux Lions(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 30/05
US$127
Best Western Premier Hotel l'Aristocrate(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
US$204
Hotel Palace Royal(Quebec City)
US$210
Free cancellation until 01/06
US$162
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$189/night.

Hotel du Vieux-Quebec(Quebec City)
Free cancellation until 01/06
Book now, pay at stay
US$178
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsb bsgourmet breakfastmulti coursebaked grapefruitsaint laurentprivate underground parkinghistoric knowledgespends hoursreading tablepurchase winecommon rooms areday's outingwalled citypatesbed and breakfastold cityeach morning
Reviewed 22 February 2018

While the room was small, it was serviceable. Often at a B & B the goal is to have breakfast and get out to see the sights. Clement, our host, slowed us down with a multi-course gourmet breakfast and useful historical perspectives and while kind of unexpected it was what made our stay very special.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steven S
Reviewed 3 October 2017

If you are someone who spends hours researching B&Bs comparing location, amenities, reviews and price, look no further. My husband and I just returned from our second visit to J.A. Moisan and Quebec City. We spent 2 nights at Auberge J.A. Moisan and could not have been more impressed. We lived in Europe and have experienced B&Bs in various countries but none as inviting as J.A. Moisan.
Upon arrival, we parked our car in front of the building and rang the doorbell at 695 Rue Saint Jean. Clement greeted us and drove our car to a secure and private underground parking garage.(Note that the garage vehicle clearance is 1.8 meters or 70.8 inches so an SUV with a ski box on top would present a dilemma.)
We have stayed in both the Albertine and Ludvine rooms. The Ludvine room is the the largest of the small rooms. Each room was very comfortable as was the queen size bed and linens. There were two chairs, a reading table and lamp as well. These two rooms are located on the street side of the building and I was pleased as to how quiet the rooms were since I am a light sleeper. Yes, the rooms are small but the auberge offers comfortable parlors for relaxing.
Breakfast. This meal is best described as a 3 course, culinary delight. My husband was amused at my insistence on taking a picture of each course every morning. I will say no more since other reviewer's pictures say it all. Breakfast in the sunroom is a treat.
The location of J. A. Moisan is perfect for walking and exploring Quebec City. After a day's outing we would purchase wine, cheese, crackers and sausage from the J.A. Moisan grocery store below the auberge, take our books and retreat to the second floor terrace to relax before heading out to dinner.
Clement is a wealth of historic knowledge and obviously takes pride in his city and B&B. He is the perfect host. You must also peruse the store below.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pkcn
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

I've stayed at over a hundred b&bs and this was one of the best. The host was incredibly nice and welcoming. The location is incredible...right on Rue St Jean, but there was absolutely no noise heard in our room that overlooked the street. Bakery next door- Panetier Baluchon is a MUST!
High quality sheets, heavy down comforter, chandelier and plenty of lighting. The deck was gorgeous to sit on while we waited for our room.
I will absolutely stay here again on one of the many trips I make to QC!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Auberge J.A. Moisan is a magnificent place from which to base your getaway to beautiful Quebec City. From the beginning to the end of our 5-day trip, Clement and Nathalie were most gracious hosts, cheerfully serving us and freely sharing touring advise and insights into the people and culture of Quebec. The auberge is of exceptional quality and charm - wonderfully restored and maintained. Clearly Clement and Nathalie were passionate about recreating the ambience of the late 19th century when they restored their home. It is impossible to speak about the many delightful things about Auberge J.A. Moisan without mentioning the incredible gourmet breakfast that is served each morning. During our trip we ate at several of the finest restaurants in QC, but no meal was more delicious than those we enjoyed with Clement and Nathalie. She is an exceptional chef. Our entire experience was superb and I'm confident yours will be as well.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2017

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights. Managed to acquire a room last minute and grabbed it based on previous reviews. Well, all the reviews are correct. It seems as if the proprietors have been doing this for some time based on the reviews and photos over the years - however, you would never know it! Nothing has slipped over the years. The room and common rooms are impeccable - I have never seen a place so spotlessly clean - and beautifully furnished. Bed and linens were extremely comfortable. An then, there are the breakfasts to die for as everyone has attested! I am reticent to recommend it as I fear a room may never be available again should I wish to book one. This truly is an exceptional place. Bravo, and thank you for making our stay so memorable.

Stayed: August 2017