“Improvement needed”

La Fabrique Montcalm
Ranked #633 of 1,580 Restaurants in Quebec City
Price range: US$6 - US$13
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

We weren't happy with our visit at "La Fabrique". We were very hungry when we went there wich normally makes you a grateful customer. However, as you can see the burger was burnt and dry. The frites couldn't impress either. Hope they work on their quality

Reviewed 6 September 2016

The poutine is decent but noting to rave about. We had one duck confit and one grilled beef poutine. We expected plates instead of iron bowls but that I cheap fast food place and not a restaurant. If you must have a very good poutine look somewhere else.

Reviewed 21 August 2016

Amazing poutine. Recently went to Quebec City for a weekend getaway and truth be told, this poutine was amazing. The restaurant left to be desired, but upon looking at the opening hours, it was made for youngsters just like me. (Meaning : open until 4 a.m. when bars close up and people want some grub.)

I personnally had the Canard Confit Poutine : SOOOOO GOOOOOOOD! It was amazing, tender, sauce was perfect, and the staff were nice.

My significant other had a sausage poutine. Tried it : JUST AS GOOD. It was seriously one of the best poutine places I'd been to in a while.

Other than the actual restaurant, with it's greasy tables and not so appealing garbage disposal system, the food speaks for itself. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone. They even have quite a few kinds of poutine, and planning on expanding with another 16 kinds! Eat this on the go, and you're all set for one amazing foodie experience. Oh, and it's affordable too!

Reviewed 13 November 2015

Good poutine, lots of options (though I only ever tried the traditional), and they're open late on weekends which is just what you need after several beers. Yes it's a bit expensive, but it's a pricy part of the city! And yes portions are on the small side, but damn poutine is so bad for you why do you want a huge one?? I will return

Reviewed 27 October 2014

Went there to have my first Poutine in Québec and really liked it. The menu is really nice with extra ingredients such as braised beef or duck. I had a few of these the past few weeks and really enjoyed each.
The cheese is really nice and makes noise when you bite it (like it should in Québec) and the gravy is really good.
Will go again!