All reviews waffles clean rooms the breakfast area star hotel fridge and microwave french quebec downtown
Reviewed 5 July 2018

Front desk clerk was very nice, spoke French and English. Rooms were nice, very comfy bed, nice bathroom. Had 1st floor room which had sliding doors out to the parking lot. Makes it easier to load/unload right at the door. Frig, micro, tv and coffee pot in room. Good breakfast area with a very helpful and friendly staff. Hotel is close to all shops and restaurants.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Manager345, Manager at Comfort Inn Sherbrooke, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

We are happy to hear that all aspects of your stay were enjoyable and we hope the next time you are in Sherbrooke you will stay with us once again.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

I've been staying at this hotel for my last few business trips and they are very consistent. The front desk clerks are bilingual which is a bonus since I can not speak French. Check in is always quick and friendly. The rooms are average, clean, and a great value.

The hotel overs the typical waffle and breakfast items as found in all the Comfort Inn hotels. There is a staff member assigned to the breakfast area and she does a great job cleaning up after guests and keeping everything stocked up. On every visit the breakfast attendant greets me with a warm good morning. Once I reply with "Good Morning" she speaks to me in English and asks if she can get me anything. She always goes out of her way. I was watching the morning weather on the TV in French, had no idea what they were saying. The breakfast attendant came over and told me what the weather was in English. This was great since I was going to be in Quebec for a few days.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Manager345, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Sherbrooke, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Thanks for staying with us, we hope to see you again next time you come around .

Jeff, supervisor

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Hi, we were a couple to stay in Sherbrooke for 1 night. We booked using expedia with option to pay on the reservation. Check-in was great without a problem. Not knowing the area, we asked for some directions to where we were going and the response was fine. The room was big enough with a queen size bed. The room also came with a coffee machine, a fridge and microwave. All was clean and comfy. There was also a breakfast included in our price which was ok with plenty of choises. We did pay for a 5 star hotel, so were happy with the quality for the price paid. There was easy access coming in and going out to this hotel. All in all we were pleased with our stay and we would not hesitate to come back.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Manager345, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Sherbrooke, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Dear guest,

Jeff Pelletier
Supervisor

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Check in was painful. Young man at desk afternoon of Sep 20/17 said they honored AAA but when he swiped my card, no discount was applied so instead of checking why, he simply stated that the hotel was too full to honor it. Next I asked about the offer on their website that said if you stayed a second night there was a discount. He was unaware of it & was not making any effort to check it out. I then showed him a cheaper rate on Hotels.com which I could book right then & there & his response was "go ahead". But if I did, I would have to change rooms for the second night! Of course I didn't want to do that as we were in the area to do some searching for ancestory, so I accepted the 2nd night anyway, which came up with the discount automatically. I do not understand why his training did not include knowing what the website contains! Anyway the hotel itself wasn't bad but is out in the industrial area of town with few choices for dining. It was clean, comfy & quiet but very full as are most in the area. Seems to be business travelers. Downtown hotels in Sherbrooke are more expensive (this one was bad enough at approx. $173 with no frills!). The breakfast was very good with an attentive employee. There were free newspapers in both English & French which was great. Check out lady was very good. Wifi & TV good.
Important point: When I check into any hotel I always check the exits in case of fire. This hotel had an exit sign in the middle of the 2nd floor but no exit! You had to go back to one end or the other. I pointed this out to the Manager who did not seem to grasp the importance of this!

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank helpfultraveller99
Manager345, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Sherbrooke, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear guest, thanks for bringing this situation to our attention. We will do our best to avoid this situation in the future. Also, we changed the sign for fire exit the day you reported the problem. Thanks for your feedback. We hope you consider our hotel for your next trip to Sherbrooke and thus to give us the chance to offer you a better experience.

Kind regards,

Jeff, Supervisor

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Stayed one night en route to PEI, was adequate for the job in the sense of clean, quiet, staff pleasant, fridge in room useful, breakfast nothing to linger over but good enough to get everyone going.

Considering the price, I did not mind the lack of pool, and I knew going in that there was no elevator to the second floor (where I preferred staying for possibly erroneous safety reasons, but that's the way it is). But as a mom who happened to be travelling on my own with my two kids this time around, it would have been really nice if there had been an offer of assistance from staff to get the luggage up the steps. Perhaps the front desk person was not free to make such offer if they were the only employee on property at that time, but whatever the reason, this factor alone bumps my rating down to 3 stars from 4.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Mommika
Manager345, General Manager at Comfort Inn Sherbrooke, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to review our property and look forward to the opportunity to have you back.