All reviews marie christine an excellent meal great location restored hosts sofa breakfast
Reviewed 24 July 2017

My daughter and I had a perfect stay at Ile de Garde while visiting nearby Bishop's University as part of a college tour. The landmark house has been lovingly restored and is quite charming. After settling in, we enjoyed an easy walk to town, took up owner Marie-Christine's restaurant suggestion and had an excellent meal. Our double room was very comfortable, In particular, we enjoyed a delicious breakfast in the morning, hearing Marie-Christine tell us of how she rescued her little dog Snoopy, about history of the house, and about life in Sherbrooke. My daughter has decided to attend BU this Fall, and I hope that we can manage to book a spot at Ile de Garde on a future trip, as it is often completely booked.

Room Tip: Our double room was very quiet. We were not aware of other guests until breakfast.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa E
Reviewed 4 May 2017

Marie-Christine was wonderful. The breakfast was outstanding! I left my diamond earrings on the nightstand and she had them shipped to me. I would definitely recommend Ile de Garde and stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2017

The hosts were friendly and the house was gorgeous! We had our privacy but still felt like guests in a house! The room was big and the bed super comfy! I loved every minute of my stay! Would go back again!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

The Victorian-era building has been beautifully restored and furnished in an interesting, eclectic style. The rooms are spacious and equipped with modem, spacious bathrooms. We were warmly welcomed and the check in was quick and efficient.
The breakfast was delightful: great coffee, fresh pastries, Greek yogourt and a delicious "main course" of fresh fruit, eggs and ham on a buckwheat crêpe. All served in an elegant dining room.
Our elegant host was pleased to talk about the house and its restoration. With WiFi and a central location, this Gîte is a great value for both business and vacation travel. Highly recommended.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Psavory
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

What a special place! This inn is a converted Victorian mansion and is absolutely beautiful on the inside. We stayed in an upstairs room with a balcony overlooking a quiet street. Our room was very comfortable and our hosts were very friendly. Breakfast was very formal, with an amuse bouche, fresh croissants and bread, a delicious soufflé and fresh yogurt. This inn and the innkeepers are very cyclist friendly.

Don't miss the formal gardens, which contain an impressive display of herbs, all based on the writings of the medieval writer Hildegard.

Stayed: September 2016