All reviewsmarie christinean excellent mealgreat locationbed and breakfastrestoredhostssofa
Reviewed 18 November 2017

This B&B is terrific. It is spacious, amazingly well appointed, comfortable and well sited for access to the city and its restaurants. We had another couple with us and arrived in the late afternoon, received a great recommendation for supper and were able to walk. The hosts are originally from Avignon and are unsurpassed in their hospitality. Breakfast was a gourmet event, probably the best I've had at any B&B whether in the US or Europe. This is a destination in and of itself.

Room Tip: any of the rooms are great. But, try to get one to the left of the stairs as you ascend to the 2nd floor. It has a view over the yard.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Couldn't be better!
Unforgettable breakfast, kind hosts, wekk-equipped and spacious room.
I was so satisfied with this B&B, and If I have a chance to visit Sherbrooke again, I WILL stay here again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2017

We spent three wonderful nights in a room with a king bed. The room had a sofa and desk and a private bathroom with shower. It was beautifully maintained.
The location could not have been better. We like to walk and it was a short stroll to restaurants and other attractions. We simply parked our car and left it there.
Our hosts could not have been more gracious, providing information and suggestions which we were wise enough to follow :-) The breakfasts were marvelous, our hostess obviously a chef of more than a little skill. Fresh bread and local products were used. We tend to skip lunch when we travel, so a good breakfast is important to us. Because of the weather we ate outside on their patio making the experience even more of a pleasure.
I don't know if Sherbrooke will ever be a 'destination' for us again, but Ile de Garde will definitely be on our itinerary next time we head north.

Room Tip: We had a front corner room (near the street), but the house well back from the street with lots of trees so street noise was not a problem.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Beautiful old house, very clean,quiet, friendly inn keepers. Room is large, very clean, well appointed, AND comfortable. Breakfast was very good.
The only reason I do not rate this location a 5 is because of their little dog that has the run of the place.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2017

My daughter and I had a perfect stay at Ile de Garde while visiting nearby Bishop's University as part of a college tour. The landmark house has been lovingly restored and is quite charming. After settling in, we enjoyed an easy walk to town, took up owner Marie-Christine's restaurant suggestion and had an excellent meal. Our double room was very comfortable, In particular, we enjoyed a delicious breakfast in the morning, hearing Marie-Christine tell us of how she rescued her little dog Snoopy, about history of the house, and about life in Sherbrooke. My daughter has decided to attend BU this Fall, and I hope that we can manage to book a spot at Ile de Garde on a future trip, as it is often completely booked.

Room Tip: Our double room was very quiet. We were not aware of other guests until breakfast.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family