“Delicious!”
Review of Korea House

Korea House
Ranked #143 of 619 Restaurants in Regina
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I was part of a party of four that tried this restaurant for the first time. The food was delicious.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is the real deals. It is like the OG of the Korean restaurants, you might think you got transported to the k-dot. The restaurant itself is no frills and pretty simple like. The food is just the legit Korean dishes. Bibimbap taste like it straight outta Jeonju. The soups is nice and they come in the legit stone pots. You can choose anything and it going to be alright. Some other peoples in the joint ordered something that came out sizzlin and cracklin out of the kitchen that looked aight. Prices a bit steep, but I think it worth it.

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

We wanted to BBQ but the grills where not working. Do we ordered off the menu. The food was very tasty and the service was great. Great value for fresh quality food.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

My normal visits to Regina usually involve driving in/out of the city from/to the airport. As a result, most of my Regina meals have been at chains. However, this time I found myself in town for a longer time due to a relative's hospital stay, and decided to expand our Regina restaurant horizon.

Both myself and my father (whose previous Asian restaurant experience was limited to small town Chinese Canadian restaurants) were quite happy with the meal. Starting with the dumplings (Man Doo) as an appetizer, while for mains we ordered the pork bulgogi and LA ribs (both were sizzling when delivered), along with accompanying sides. In order of preference, I would rank it as bulgogi, man doo then ribs. Maybe should have ordered spicy ribs, since I felt they lost the flavour battle.

Service was somewhat slow, but acceptable. And we were not in a rush.

Decor is lacking, to be polite. Kind of made me feel like I had stepped back a few decades.

Reviewed 28 July 2015

On the several occasions I have eaten at Korea House I felt the following: satisfied, disappointed, hopeful for a bit more in terms of quality.

Having said that, I do enjoy the "soon tubu (tofu)" soup and the seafood pancake (which on one occasion, however, was bottom burnt). In trying to appeal to western tastes, the version of Korean hot sauce provided at the table is not what I would expect to receive in an authentic Korean restaurant. Service to take your order is prompt and sometimes a bit abrupt; wait times for food are sometimes but not always on the long side.

As one of the three or four restaurants that serve Korean food in Regina, Korea House does offer a representative sample of Korean foods, and from the number of customers who eat there, it must offer positive value to many people.

Since this now Korean restaurant location descended from a long line of Chinese restaurants, in my opinion the physical premises would benefit from some upgrades to make it more attractive and inviting.