“Beautiful downtown location ”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Saskatoon Downtown
Ranked #17 of 41 Hotels in Saskatoon
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel Saturday July 9th and Sunday July 10th. I was visiting my boyfriend who was working in Saskatoon at the time.The location was perfect for me as I was needing an easy way to get back on the highway going to AB. The room was very clean and spacious. I loved being across the street from Midtown Plaza and extremely close to many shops downtown. One of my only concerns with this hotel is that the toilet paper was extremely hard to reach from the toilet! (A bit frivolous I know) I felt like you would need to have extra long arms to be able to reach the TP comfortably. All of the staff members we encountered were very friendly (I ran into a few in the elevator). I didn't realize parking was going to be that expensive or I probably would have stayed at a hotel with free parking... the way the official hotel information is written made me believe that this location offered free parking. It was a little bit stressful for my boyfriend and I as we had two vehicles (although he was gone all day and just parked across the street).

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Adam P, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Saskatoon Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Thanks Sara N for taking a moment to let us know how we did during your last stay with us in Saskatoon. It was great to hear you were able relax, get a good nights sleep and take in some of the nearby amenities in Saskatoon's downtown.
We've appreciate your feedback in regards to the comfort of the restrooms in the corner suites and have already taken steps to alleviate the concerns by adding toilet paper stands in the restrooms.
To address your comment about parking and the $15.00 fee to park in our indoor, above ground, heated parking garage. We have set that rate to be competitive with the other downtown hotels and parking areas and feel this fee is reasonable when receiving indoor, heated parking that allows our guests to come and go as they please. There are 3 additional parking options available to our guests and these options should of been pointed out to you by our Front Desk Agents during your check in. These options include: Midtown Plaza's above ground parking lot located across the street, Impark's above ground lot located beside the hotel and City of Saskatoon meter parking located on Pacific Avenue in front of the hotel.
Thank you again for sharing your thoughts. It is with help from guests like yourself that we can continually work to improve our property, our Cast Members and the experience we can give our guests.
Take care, travel safe and we hope to see you back at the Holiday Inn Downtown Saskatoon when you are back in our great city.
All the best,
Adam P.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Love to stay in this hotel, I always stay in Holiday Inn Express Hotels but this is my first choice and I have always enjoyed my stay.

Great location, you can go any side of the city from here and walk to Downtown for your Dinner.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Thanks razashah2017 for the 5 star review and compliments of our property. We're pleased to see that we've won your vote of confidence and have become your number one choice when staying in Saskatoon.
Thanks again for the positive feedback and continued loyalty as a Holiday Inn Downtown Saskatoon guest.
All the best,
Adam P.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Holiday Inn used to be a very good family and laid back hotel but now I feel like they only care about the top dollar.

When I called and reserved the first time. I said I needed just two double or two queen size beds as it's just a friend and I. The lady never mentioned anything about booking the superior room. I then got the email and noticed that's what she put me under and it was way more then the initial quote she gave me. I called again, and got a different girl and she put me in a standard room instead. When I arrived I again had a higher payment amount on my credit card. After I checked the front desk they said they charged a $50 deposit. It wasn't a big deal, but someone could have mentioned that beforehand.
Holiday Inn used to provide a complimentary breakfast but no more! You now pay $10 per person for cold or $15 per person for hot food. Which was a rip off. I spent almost $200 for a single night and they couldn't give me some scrambled eggs and two pieces of bacon? Needless to say we walked over to Tim Hortons across the road and spent $12 for the two of us and our HOT breakfast. Also, $15 a day for parking. What a rip off. I read a review that back in January someone paid $7 a day which is more reasonable.

The hotel room was nice and clean, but didn't check out anything else as we were out exploring and checking out the jazz fest.

The location was good, but I am sure I could find a cheaper hotel in the area.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Saskatoon Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Dear Mya R,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am pleased to know you liked the location and the cleanliness of our hotel. On the other hand, I am sorry for the inconvenience you had with your bill. We are a full service hotel and we do have a restaurant on site. I am sorry that we do not have complimentary breakfast available. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 22 June 2017

We always used to stay at the Besborough and when the new Holiday Inn was built we stayed there instead and it was always good. A draw to the Holiday Inn was that car parking was free. We planned to stay on May 6 overnight and I am an IHG rewards member. I checked the rate online and called the hotel. The receptionist's customer service was abysmal. I quoted the IHG rate she insisted it was not the rate and denied that car parking was ever free. We chatted for 10 minutes and I said to her "clearly you do not value IHG Rewards members." You can imagine she passed no comment.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Saskatoon Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Hi Jackie P,

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback and for being an IHG Rewards Club member. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies for the service you have received from our reception staff. I’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so I have sent you a private message. Also, this feedback will be shared with the appropriate people to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Dianne L.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

Good hotel. Very friendly service. Nice large rooms. Restaurant is good. Centrally located. There is a pool. My only criticism is the fitness center is tiny and only had cardio machines. Nice lobby with bar. Computers to use.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business