“See it, tour it, taste it.”
Review of LB Distillers - MOVED

LB Distillers
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to LB Distillers. We are a micro distillery in the heart of the prairies, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. Our distillery produces single malt whiskies, vodka, gin, and fruit liqueurs. We are proud to produce exceptional and award winning products. Our distillery is open for complimentary tours and tastings Monday through Saturday, 11am to 6pm, where you can learn about craft distilling, sample our beautiful spirits and purchase unique barware.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 18 December 2015

These folks (Mike and other) like what they are doing, and are getting good at it too. My favourites are the Gambit gin and Chai vodka...both perfect for martinis...and don't forget to get some of their bitters to go with your martini fixings.

Reviewed 16 December 2015

It's a small local distillery that makes a variety of liquors and liqueurs from local ingredients, so the taste is unique and in my opinion very good. The staff are very helpful and what is really interesting is that when the door to the back room (production room) is open, you can hear the workers actually laughing, singing, and having fun....it has occurred to me, but I don't really THINK they were sampling their products!! They seemed to all enjoy being there - maybe they are all part owners - and it is so nice - and rare - to see people being happy at work. They also sell unusual bar accessories made by Saskatchewan and Alberta

Reviewed 15 December 2015

What a neat place. It's easy to see this is a labour of love for the owners who, upon winning the lottery (literally), they quit their jobs and began distilling. I've been on the tour several times with people from Australia, the UK and the Maritimes so I've learned that the ultimate goal is to create the best Scotch outside of Scotland. Now it can't be called Scotch for a variety of reasons, (just like when you drink non-French Champagne it's called sparkling wine. Anyway, the Whiskey (Scotch) will be ready soon but their fill-in supply is incredible. LOVE the Lucky Ba$tard Vodka, I've tried the different blends (I didn't care for the spicy one, but friends say it's phenomenal in Caesars). Probably my favourite is their Carmine Jewel Cherry liquor. The Carmine Jewel Cherry was developed at the University of Saskatchewan and it produces such excellent fruit my wife and I planted a tree in the backyard.

The tour is definitely worth the half hour and they are generous with the tasting. It's like a mini-Australian winery tour. You'll end up loving the product so much that you'll easily spend $100. The location is a little underwhelming but if I recall correctly it had something to do with zoning. Hopefully city council will change that and LB can expand in a more prominent location.

It might be time for me to make another visit over Christmas, it's been awhile.

Note: LB is in a fight with the feds over the use of Ba$tard. Ironically, TripAdvisor wouldn't let me use the name either as it is considered profanity.

Reviewed 13 November 2015

A must see and experience if you like visiting breweries and distilleries. I was with a group of 30 people and this was a birthday celebration for my sister and brother-in-law. We had a tour of the distillery along with tasting of different vodkas. We also visited the shop where almost all of us purchased vodkas of different flavours. We all enjoyed the tour.

1  Thank DTrip2014