See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

This place is terrible. I'm really surprised that they didn't charge by the hour. $90 Canadian a night but then there were additional "taxes" made it about $90 U.S. No amenities but a TV. Recommend that you pay a lot more and stay elsewhere . Nothing more can be said and still remain within the bounds of civility.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We traveled through Whitehorse on 05/25/14 and had reservations at the Chilkoot Train Inn. First off, the photo above is NOT the Chilkoot Trail Inn. I have no idea what building that is. The Inn is a smaller (~15 room) building, run down and completely saturated with cigarette smoke, even though there are no smoking signs posted all over the inside of the building. Through the cigarette smoke, you can smell stale cooking odors coming from several rooms as you walk down the hall, and these rooms don't have kitchens. Add to that, the fact that a fire gutted one of the rooms in 2010 and I think you get the idea that this place is not a safe place to stay. Sleep in your car if you have no better option.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank fish208
Reviewed 21 July 2012

My husband and I were lucky to find a place to stay in White Horse. I'll admit that I tend toward fancier accomodations, but this worked out just fine. There was a softball tourny in town and things were quite full. It was late when we arrived, but we were met by a smiling owner. True the place is run down and I questioned my sanity in agreeing to stay there, but the linens were brand new and clean, the towels white and fluffy with a nice flat screen tv. I advise that you turn a very blind eye to everything else, and wear your flip flops indoors.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Ch0pperd0g
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 March 2001

Not many places in Whitehorse allow pets in the rooms. This hotel, although fairly run down, was clean and allowed pets. If they're small, well-behaved, etc. The hotel is near the downtown area, and you can walk to all the restaurants and shops. Only a few blocks away from Midnight Sun Coffee Roasters!

20  Thank A TripAdvisor Member