“Simple and nice”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dalupuri - San Antonio Island
Haven of Fun Beach Resort
Reviewed 18 October 2015

This place is on San Antonio island and is accessed by boat from Victoria port Northern Samar. Boat cost 50p one way and 10p paid at Island as enviro fee. The hotel had choice of cottage or local style buhay kubo. We went with the bamboo style. Cost 1200p plus 100p per person charge. We had 7. Was cosy and fun. Just foam mattresses and an electric fan. Had more room below for more foam if needed, Comfort room was outside behind the sleeping quarters. Their were better rooms available with aircon and tv but this met our needs,

The room is about 30m from beach. It comes with free 'cottage' on the beach to eat or place belongings while swimming. And also has a floating cottage to rest on the water.

At night you can see fish. Daytime the sand is white and water clear. Not many people around makes it peaceful. We loved it. Not just the island but the resort too. Coffee and hotwater/snacks available at entrance.

Stayed: October 2015
6  Thank Natalie P
There are newer reviews for Haven of Fun Beach Resort

Reviewed 29 July 2015 via mobile

Friendly staff and the owner is helpful. Food is good. There is wifi but very slow. Beach houses are really good with varanda. The sea is beautiful and perfect for snorkeling. We saw more then 15 kinds of fish. Nice to walk through the village. You can take the boat from Victoria for 30 peso pp. Check your bill before leaving

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Emory H
Reviewed 21 July 2015 via mobile

They have options for budget to mid range with rooms from 500-1500 php. They come with a beach and great options to lounge at it. There is a picture perfect reef with marine wildlife just 7metres off the beach. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. They don't have a WiFi connection, as the whole island lacks a decent connection.

Their administration is worthless as they collect their order receipts and make a bill at the end. But Things get lost or are misinterpreted. So keep your own administration of what you spent at their bar/restaurant.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Yorickvh27
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Not easy to reach - need Pump Boat from Victoria and no schedule - leaves only whe full or if you buy all empty seats [do not pay special trip - just buy empty seats]. Cold water shower, but staff will bring half pail of hot water if you cannot take the cold! Limited menu, and some items not available. Staff very good, will book van to pick you up in Victoria when you leave.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank David T
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I went there with my 2year old son and planned to stay for one night. I ended up waking my son 1am to escape from there in the middle of the night. The reason was their security guard, who decided, he wants to see my private parts. I was staying in one of the huts and the shower room was outside. I came from the shower, only the towel covering me and when I started to climb back to my hut - suddenly out of nowhere there was a security guard who lifted up my towel.
As the hut is not possible to lock from the inside, I didn't feel safe to spend the night there and I woke up another guard to get out from there.
Next day we (me and my husband) went to the police to report that. Turned out, that the owner of the resort and the mayor of the island are from the same party, so nothing happened. I didn't even get the apologize from the management. Instead I got a nasty look (like I was guilty of anything) and a bill. The security guard wasn't even fired.
If you are a woman or you are planning to go with one, reconsider going to that specific resort, because sexual harassment is nothing for them. Their management just doesn't care.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
0.0 km away
Octopussy Bungalow Beach Resort
Octopussy Bungalow Beach Resort
#1 of 3 in Dalupuri - San Antonio Island

Been to Haven of Fun Beach Resort? Share your experiences!