All reviewsthe pubcastle combewet roomcalves liverhair straightenersred cabbageexcellent lunchlovely mealdisabled accessflat screen tvpork bellysunday roastcooked to perfectionvery pleasant staymain coursefollowing morningcar park
Reviewed 18 August 2017

This very pleasant pub hotel is on a country road in a small village near Castle Combe race circuit. It is convenient and very pleasant. If Trip Advisor had a category GOOD then I would use that instead of VERY GOOD or AVERAGE. There is enough parking but it is limited at busy times. We had a good breakfast and everything went smoothly. OUr dinner on the previous evening was pleasant but huge portions of meat(really big in the case of the pork belly) with just too much mash seemed a waste to me and I have a good appetite. It's better than the average pub grub and clearly a very popular choice as we had difficulty getting a table. The staff were extremely obliging so all in all this is a good place to stay even though the bedrooms are a bit compact. The bathroom was fine, also compact and with a shower. However, there is only a rain shower and no hand held attachment and many women consider this to be unsatisfactory. In fact I have never stayed anywhere where there is only a rain shower and hand held attachment. Great for men. The mini hair straighteners in the room were and interesting addtiion and the Tassimo coffee/tea maker was much appreciated.

Room Tip: All the rooms appear to be motel style, each one with a different theme. You have to keep the window blind down all the time for privacy.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2017

We had a girls stopover for my Mum's 80th birthday and we were given a brilliant welcome. The rooms are excellent hotel standard situated just away from the pub and had the weather been better there was a private terrace we could have sat out on in front of the rooms which are clean and modern. The staff were brilliantly friendly and we felt completely at ease. The food and wine were excellent.Breakfast was very leisurely and we were not rushed at all. Highly recommended we will return!

Room Tip: All the rooms are situated in a modern but charming block.. Not sure about disabled access as we had some steep steps to go up.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We'd not been here for around 7 years having been disappointed the last time, we certainly weren't this time. All our food was excellent so much so we all had desserts too as we couldn't resist. The food was plentiful, nicely presented and well cooked. My husband adored his calves liver and I loved the chocolate brownie sundae. Servers were all very friendly and not slow at all which other reviewers have mentioned - in fact a little fast. A pet dislike of mine is having plates cleared from the table when one or more are still eating, please don't do it - but that is just a personal issue - we will be visiting again and won't be leaving it so long this time, well done we all were impressed!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this lovely pub while on our way to Cardiff - we were looking for somewhere with comfortable accommodation and good food, and this place did not disappoint. All of the staff we encountered here were very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2017

The pub and accommodation was first class. Food was lovely and the staff were very friendly. Prices of food and drink all very reasonable. I would highly recommend this to anyone. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business