“Super Busy Place, Out Of This World Garlic Fries, Great View!”

The Beacon Bar & Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2016

This is actually the second time my husband and I have visited this place. When we visited back in September 2013, there was virtually no one around. However, this time in August 2016 it was PACKED. Parking wasn't terrible, but definitely be aware that you need to pay $10 for parking and might have to fight to find a spot. Thankfully when you take your $10 parking voucher in, it goes towards your bill. So not a tremendously big deal, but glad I had cash on me when I did. While we waited for a table outside, we had some drinks at the bar. Unfortunately, it was so crowded we couldn't really find an okay place to stand and drink our drinks without being in the way of servers or standing awkwardly over fellow patrons. But thankfully we weren't waiting long. I had the steak tacos which were mediocre and my husband had a burger which he also felt was mediocre. However, THE GARLIC FRIES...oh my word...the garlic fries! I had to go back the next day just for an order of them again. SO GOOD. Their chocolate cake for dessert was sensational and I'm a very picky chocolate cake person! Our server was very nice and gave good prompt service. We didn't wait long for drinks or food at all.

Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

Parking and crowds are always a challenge at this landmark cafe but the view is great and the food very nicely done. You pay $10 to park but it'll be deducted from your bill-- be sure to keep the ticket for your server. Great burgers, garlic fries, hearty sandwiches, fish and chips. The Rum Runners are good (but sorry, not the best in Tahoe). Friendly efficient service.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

The Beacon is our go to bar and grill on beautiful Lake Tahoe. You can't beat the views of this great eatery right in the beach.. The Calamari and rum runners are the best on the lake. All dishes are tasty, generous and well priced for families. You can listen to an outdoor band in the summer or sit by a cozy fire in the winter..

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

Sitting outside on the dock. Beautiful view. food is pretty good too. 10 dollars rum runner is not bad!!! We all loved it!!!!

Reviewed 6 August 2016

Right on the beach! 10 minute wait for deck seating. Large deck with a band playing. Service was quick. Had a couple Rum Runners and a pulled pork sandwich. Everything was great.