“World class in Topsham”

Ranked #2 of 21 Restaurants in Topsham
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Here at The Galley Topsham we want to impress you with 'the best of Devon on a plate'. We are passionate about serving you the freshest fish and seafood, simply and stylishly presented, together with exciting meat and vegetarian options sourced from local farms so we think we have something for everybody. We have a daily changing menu which means we only serve what is in season and locally available, so you can be sure that what you are eating is of the best quality. Our a la carte menu is available at lunch and dinner. At lunch we offer a special menu of two courses for £16. So whether it's a long lingering dinner, a light lunch or a business engagement we have something to suit you. We love wine and have worked hard to create a balanced wine list that includes top favourites along with some interesting options you may not be so familiar with. We are very happy to recommend a wine to go with any of our dishes so please do ask. The atmosphere in the restaurant is relaxed and friendly. We have no dress code and we warmly welcome families with children. Great food is nothing without great service however and we put a huge emphasis on matching the service to your needs. Nigel is on hand front of house to greet you with a friendly smile and make sure you relax and enjoy your meal. With our unique location on Topsham Quay and fabulous views over the River Exe you can soak up the atmosphere of this ancient sea port from the comfort of our two dining rooms.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very impressed with this little restaurant at the end of Topsham.
Brilliant service excellent food and wine- cannot fault- we're visiting from Sydney Australia and the Galley would hold its head up high there. Highly recommended well done

Reviewed 15 April 2018

I ate in here a couple of weeks ago as a treat from my Wife and Daughter to celebrate my forthcoming 60th birthday. This was one of the highlights of the weekend, together with watching Exeter Chiefs the following day!.

This is a lovely restaurant with in a great location and the folks running it are very friendly and welcoming. I love seafood and this was just superb - for me, crab ravioli, followed by pollock. What amazed me was the plate of mussels my wife was served with. She needed some help to get through them and I was happy to oblige. We washed this down with a lovely bottle of white from the Sharpham Winery which is not too far away.

A special occasion restaurant at very reasonable prices. If I find myself back in the Exeter area again soon, I will definitely go again.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

We had an excellent meal at The Galley a few weeks ago. The restaurant is cosy, lovely new decor, good menu, friendly welcome and sitting yards from the Quay it's perfect location for lunch or dinner.
We had six different dishes between us and all were excellent. Recommend the crab ravioli with a delicious bisque.
We shall return.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Some of the best quality food I’ve ever eaten. The staff are very good and the wine is excellent. The price is very reasonable, if this were in London you could triple the price and it would still be as popular.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

Following a recent re-vamp we decided to try the new look restaurant. Only two others did on the night we went so there was little atmosphere.
We found it very expensive and at prices like these the cooking needs to be very, very good. All four of us left disappointed at the cost and quality of this meal.