“Serviced apartments”

Hillarys Harbour Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hillarys
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at Hillarys Harbour Resort.
Positives:
The room we stayed in was clean and the bed was comfortable.
The apartments are very close to many restaurants and shops and the marina.
The staff were friendly and responsive.
The negatives:
I really don't like writing negative reviews, and this place isn't bad and I know the management care about the property. But ... this isn't a 'resort'. It is serviced apartments. Simply having a pool does not make something a resort. The name of this place is misleading.
This place feels like a prison. I haven't seen this many bars and gates since visiting PNG. Security is important, but when you see this much security, you don't feel safer. You wonder what the hell they're trying to protect you from.
There are three levels of apartments and no lift. We had a mountain of luggage which the staff didn't notice and had originally put us on the top floor. It had started raining fairly heavily and we realised there was no concierge and started the trek to the room. To their credit, staff came out and offered us a change of room. Nice gesture... but it highlights a big problem with this accommodation. No concierge, no lift, no cover from the rain when walking to rooms with luggage. And good luck if you're on the top floor. Apparently there are some nice views from up there...
The view from our ground floor room was of the pool. Relaxing on our balcony was impossible. No privacy - just prison bars.
Regarding price, did we get value for money? I don't think we did. I've heard people say Perth accommodation is expensive, but I've never understood why. The service is average (not bad, but not great) and the price doesn't match the quality of the property. The whole property is kind of odd. I also wondered whether there were long-term residents living in this property, which makes the whole 'resort' thing even more bizarre.
Overall, I have to say we were disappointed. I wouldn't stay there again purely based on the price and the feeling like we were in a prison.
I have given 3 stars as my rating for our stay because the rooms weren't too bad and I know management care about the property. But, unfortunately, I think it's just the nature of this property. My advice: drop 'resort' from the name and just call it serviced apartments. People's expectations would be more realistic.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Robbie B, General Manager at Hillarys Harbour Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

The complex is mainly stair access, however we do have a ramp access available and our friendly staff are always on hand to assist with anything.

Our number one priority is to ensure that all guests are comfortable and enjoy their stay. Being Perth's second biggest tourist destination, security for our guests is one of our main priorities.

I'm sorry to read we won't be fortunate enough to welcome you back, however given the time of year and weather I can assure you the Harbour, sounded beaches and our complex have a more Resort feel.

Again thank you kindly for taking the time to post a review.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Great for shopping, eating and drinking lovely shops fab restaurants can easily spend an afternoon there and great little beaches with shallow water for the young ones. All along this coast are fantastic beaches and resorts check them out you won't be disappointed

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Despite the wild weather, my sister, niece and myself really enjoyed our stay. Our apartment was clean, comfy and well appointed. Once we'd parked in the secure underground parking area we had no need to drive for the rest of the weekend as all the nearby amenities are a three minute walk away. Extremely friendly and helpful reception staff, (I'd had to change my booking requirements a couple of times), for whom nothing was too much trouble. I have recently stayed at a five star hotel in Perth and the hospitality at Hillarys Resort far outshone that experience! Many thanks.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank DiMazzy
Robbie B, General Manager at Hillarys Harbour Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to post your review of your recent stay with us.

Yes, we certainly have been having some wild weather this week on the coast however I am glad you still were able to relax and enjoy the apartment with your family.

I will ensure to pass your review onto all of our staff as we as a team strive daily to produce the best possible product and service with our ultimate goal daily of ensuring all guests are comfortable and enjoy their stay.

We have just begun our refurbishment program also and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for further updated feedback and to enjoy another relaxed family weekend here at Hillarys Harbour Resort.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Located near the boat harbour the resort backs onto Sorrento quay, which contains shops and restaurants. It is also close to recreation areas including water slides. It's a nice spot to walk around to check out the boats. Apartments are spacious, with all the ammenities including washer, clothes dryer and kitchen. Resort is kept clean and tidy and staff are very helpful. Secure parking is included and is under the resort.The only thing I would like to see added to the apartment is a coffee pod machine

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Rob O
Robbie B, General Manager at Hillarys Harbour Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and we trust you arrived home safely after your days with us.

We are extremely lucky to be in the location we are in, on the superb West Coast just 20 minutes from the Perth CBD.

Our experienced team will be thrilled to read your review as they work hard daily to produce the best possible product and service.

We have recently begun our refurbishment program and I have noted your comment regarding a coffee pod machine, although there is an immense array of cafes and restaurants in the Sorrento Quay to enjoy a freshly brewed coffee.

Again, thank you for your time and we look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Stayed in Apartments which were spacious, clean & had everything you needed.
Staff were very friendly & accommodating , great views of the harbour & a stone throw from everthing around Hillary's Boat Harbour ,will definitely be back again

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Conrad M
Robbie B, General Manager at Hillarys Harbour Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hillarys Harbour Resort as your recent accommodation provider. I'm glad you had the opportunity to enjoy this wonderful relaxing area.

I have passed your feedback onto our team as this is exactly what we aim to achieve each day, to ensure all guests are comfortable and enjoy their stay and return back to us here at Hillarys Harbour Resort.

We have just recently begun our refurbishment program and we'd love to welcome you back to stay in one of the refurbished apartments.

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort very soon.

Kind regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillarys
Ocean View Motel
Scarborough
Ramada Vetroblu Scarborough Beach
The Marina Hotel
#1 of 1 in Mindarie

Been to Hillarys Harbour Resort? Share your experiences!